Normaway Inn & Margaree on CBI

May 24th, 2002, 02:55 AM
Sarah

Normaway Inn & Margaree on CBI

The Normaway Inn looks to be a good location for my husband and I to spend our 3 nights on CBI. Are there many restaurant choices in Margaree? The reason I ask is that there is a 3 night package at the Normaway that looks like a pretty good deal, but it includes 2 nights dinner at the Inn. Normally, I would be interested in eating there only one night and finding a different restaurant on the other evenings. But is there even a selection of other restaurants close to the Inn? My passion is simply prepared fresh seafood!

May 24th, 2002, 04:11 AM
Tanya

From what I have heard about the food at Normaway, you probably won't want to eat anyplace else. I have heard nothing but rave reviews!

May 24th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Molly

I have also heard good things about the Normaway Inn.
At all costs, avoid dining in the little restaurant housed in an actual boat on Margaree Harbor {I can't recall the name}. It has an interesting setup and history,weekly entertainment which sounds like fun, and friendly waitstaff, but be warned: their food is atrocious!

May 25th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Sarah

Thanks for your replies! Sounds like the Normaway has wonderful food and we're looking forward to it.

I also hear so many wonderful things about the Keltic Lodge. If this is the only time I'll probably ever get to Cape Breton should I select the Keltic over Normaway? It's pricey but if it's that great... Not sure what to do.

May 25th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Susan

Keltic! You have to stay @ Keltic.But make sure you get reservations for a room in the "Main Lodge". Not the "Inn" which is not a very nice place.
The setting is spectacular...on a peninsula!