Niagara on the Lake B&B?

Jul 9th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Niagara on the Lake B&B?

We've stayed at a B&B in Niagara Falls the past two trips with day visits to Niagara on the Lake. I think I want to stay in Niagara on the Lake this time but I'm having a hard time finding a B&B. I'd like to spend under $150 as the B&B in Niagara Falls we like is about $110.

I've been looking on trip advisor, but any recs?
Jul 13th, 2008, 02:02 AM

Probably out of your budget range but we enjoyed both the Harbour House and the Shaw Club Hotel.
Jul 13th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

Yeah, those are over 200 a night. See, if I was to pay that much I'd just stay at a hotel in Niagara Falls with views.

We are going to stay at Graystone B&B, but thanks!

http://www.graystonebb.com/default.html
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:44 PM

We just spent a weekend at the Orchid Inn in Niagara on the Lake . It is a small little B&B not right downtown but because the town is small it is easy to acess everything in town. It only has 9 rooms all ensuite. The queen bedrooms go for 150-160 CAD and the king bedrooms from 180-210 CAD. If you want to take a wine tour, they wil pick you up at the Inn.The breakfasts were quite lovely, and Cindy, the owner is quite engaging and helpful.There is a restaurant attached that is quite good as well.
www.orchidinn.ca or check the reviews on tripadvisor.
Jul 16th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, the Orchid was completely booked though.
Jul 16th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Original Poster

And also no where near the price range I posted.
Jul 29th, 2008, 02:48 AM

Haven't stayed here yet, but friends of mine have and LOVED it. The owner is a chef from paris I believe. And I think it fits the budget:

http://www.cecilehouse.com/
Jul 29th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Original Poster

That place looks fabulous. It's booked for our dates though, booked pretty much through Oct.
I would love to stay there someday. The only thing that concerns me is there is a picture of two dogs. i would need to ask the owner about that, if they live there. I'm very afraid of dogs and would just rather not stay somewhere that had them, it adds to my stress level. It looks gorgeous though.
Jul 30th, 2008, 09:44 AM

Those photos are probably not accidental.... usually if a B&B has pictures of animals on their website, those photos are there in order to advise prospective guests that there are animals on the premises. If you are frightened of animals, B&B owners will usually make sure you have very little contact with their pets - but as it is their home (and their pets' home), they can hardly guarantee you won't see them. If you are severely allergic, you'd be better booking elsewhere.
Jul 31st, 2008, 08:12 AM

Hi Amelie.

We just returned last week from a 2 day trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake and had a great trip.

B&B's are quite expensive in this area due to high demand. We stayed at a really nice place called The WeatherPine Inn and would highly recommend it. Unfortunately, it's not under $150 but believe you can get one of their rooms for $165.
We had the Garden Room which was $195.

One of the nice things about this 5 room Inn is all of the rooms have separate outside entrances. The hosts Phyllis & Doug are very friendly people and very helpful. The breakfasts are great.

I do know someone who stayed at the Moffatt Inn and I think it is more reasonably priced. They said it was fine and good location.

Hope you find something soon.
Jul 31st, 2008, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! We booked over two weeks ago.

We are going to stay at Graystone B&B.

http://www.graystonebb.com/default.html