Need to Choose Vancouver Restaurant

Jul 30th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Original Poster

Need to Choose Vancouver Restaurant

I have to choose 1 great seafood restaurant with a view:

C, Carderos, Fish House, Bridges, Cannery. It seems that C or Cannery look most appealing?
Jul 30th, 2008, 07:57 PM

i always have fun and good food at carderos in coal harbour
cheers
Jul 31st, 2008, 05:04 AM

Have enjoyed Carderos as well. Depends on the situation/crowd, if you want old charm the Cannery has never disappointed. While it is on the water, it is in an industrial area.

With Bridges (upstairs), Fish House or Carderos, you can go for a stroll after dinner in lovely scenic areas.

I had an exceptionally bad experience at C but others rave about it.

Enjoy-la!

Jul 31st, 2008, 07:44 PM

I eat regularly at Carderos and wouldn't recommend it for a "great" seafood dinner. Good for summer vibe on the deck with casual food like Wok Squid or the fried oyster burger.

Last time (about six months ago) I had dinner at Bridges, it was terrible. Can't recommend it.

The Cannery has a lovely view, a great winelist and very average food.

Haven't eaten at the Fish House lately.

"C" is in a category of its own. Fabulous food, great service, pretty view. "West" would also be an excellent choice for food but no view.

Have a great dinner!
Aug 1st, 2008, 01:16 AM

The best seafood in Vancouver isn't found in seafood restaurants. Not surprisingly, seafood is readily available in Vancouver. Most restaurants that market themselves as seafood restaurants in British Columbia are, for the most part, targeting visitors who don't know that. Add the luxury of having a view to the mix and you're inviting expensive mediocrity.

"C" is generally the best food of the places you mention although as someone else has noted it isn't consistently good. The Fish House and the Cannery are only OK. Bridges and Cardero, not surprisingly, have some of the best views (and the lamest food) of the bunch.

What are looking for? Romantic dinner for two? Group dinner? Do you have vehicles? You might consider the new (and not yet guidebook-noted Fraiche: http://www.fraicherestaurant.ca/. A rare example of a room with a view and great food.