Vancouver: Liliget Feast House

Old Jun 28th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vancouver: Liliget Feast House

I have looked at the website for this restaurant and can't decide whether it is somewhere I should take my older teenagers or not. Can someone give me a rough idea of what takes place during the meal and what we can expect to spend for a family of 3? We will only have part of 2 days in Vancouver, and I would like them to have something other than "American-type" food. Any other recommendations for something memorable or unique? Also, what's the "best" place for breakfast?
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 09:15 PM

Well as to what takes place during the meal-one descends the stairs into a cozy cave-like room and sits in sunken tables not unlike those found in Japanese Tatami rooms.
One orders from the menu and one receives what one has ordered and one then eats and drinks.
The atmosphere is warm, welcoming and professional the food is outstanding and the experience is unique.

Vancouver is replete with restaurants that offer anything but "American-type" food-a quick walk down any street will show you that.
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 06:55 AM

As Sam says, Vancouver is replete with ethnic as well as particularly 'West Coast' restaurants. In addition to West Coust cuisdine we are particularly well known for our high quality Asian, (various chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean, etc) and South Asian, (many varieties of East Indian, Indonesian, Thai, etc.), Restaurants as well as West Coast.

If Asian food is too exotic for you there are also excellant Greek, Italian, French, Russian, and yes, even 'American' restaurants.
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 08:57 AM

Lilliget has soups, salads, salmon, halibut and other things most people would eat. They also offer specialties such as "herring roe on kelp" (delicious) and other items that one might not have experienced before. I would say that teenagers would very much like this restaurant unless they are 'McDonalds or pizza only' eaters. Only you would know what your children eat. It is a restaurant - they do not put on shows. Lovely , lovely atmosphere!