Need Restaurant Recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be spending two weeks in Nova Scotia this summer and have found some good recommendations for restaurants on this site. We already have our B&B reservations. We would appreciate restaurant recommendations for the following cities:

Pictou
Cheticamp
Louisbourg
Sydney
Maitland
Annapolis Royal
Lunenburg

Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 01:35 AM

Pictou - Pictou Lodge
and 10 minutes away ...
New Glasgow - The Bistro
- Hebels
- Cafe Italia
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 04:49 AM

As visitors to some of those areas a couple of times in the past 5 years, we enjoyed,
In Cheticamp: Restaurant Acadien is a family-style restaurant where authentic acadian fare is served
In Annapolis Royal: Cafe' Compose (Viennese) - european fare, patio with beautiful view on the river
In Lunenburg: Old Fish Factory Restaurant was fine - next time we want to try Fleur de sel, which seems to get good reviews.
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 05:42 AM

I am headed to Nova Scotia and PEI in a few weeks. I have received some restaurant suggestions on the forums of Trip Advisor. You might want to check them out. Have fun!
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 12:11 PM

I can help you out with Lunenburg since I spend a lot of time there. For the very best seafood The Rum Runner, located on the waterfront with both inside and outdoor seating. Great fine dining: The Bluenose Lodge and Rissers, which is located in the Lunenburg Arms Hotel. Trattoria della Nonna is a new Italian place in town that is exceptional. For casual dining, The Knot Pub.....that's where the locals eat. The Fish Factory is located in the museum and has dining both inside and out. OK place to lunch, but stick to the basics, very touristy. A great, very casual place for lunch is the Historic Grounds Coffee House. Great outside deck and serves breakfast until 2PM. Fleur de Sel, in my opinion, is very over-rated and over priced. And the portion sizes are tiny. And last, but not least, is the Black Forest Restaurant, located halfway between Lunenburg and Mahone Bay. It's a German restaurant (the area has a great many German descendents), small and non-descrip, but the food is amazing!