Montreal:Weather in August

Jun 27th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

Montreal:Weather in August

My husband and I will be going to Montreal in mid-August, traveling from Florida to NY for few days and then onto Montreal for a week. We don't want to pack to much as we despise checking luggage. Weather.com says mid-70's is this accurate...
Jun 27th, 2004, 04:09 PM

This sounds reasonable to me as an average. If, as many Floridians, your idea of cold is anything below 20 C then you might want one light sweater for the possiblity of a cool evening. Temperatures into the low 30s C are possible.
Jun 27th, 2004, 06:48 PM

Every time we go to Montreal in August (we were there the first week of August last year) it has been in the low 80's and a bit on the humid side.
Nights can be breezy and feel nice and cool though.
I always carry a light sweater with me at night as most places are very well airconditioned.
Montreal is casual and I find it always easy to pack for..light summer clothes, good walking shoes, something pretty if you go somewhere special in the evening.
Sounds like a great trip, we always drove from our home in NYC. Now we too would have to fly from Florida~
Have fun, where are you staying?
Jul 5th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

We haven't picked our hotel, as of yet. I would like to stay at a b&b, but can't really find one in our price range with a private bath (husband freaks at the word share); Any ideas for a double less than $130 USD... Thanks for the weather help!
Jul 5th, 2004, 07:11 PM

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...9&tid=34438977

Hi ingrid,
Above is the link to a trip report by StCirq, who stayed at a B&B in Montreal last August.
The B&B is called La Belle Mansarde, you can read about it and see if it is a possibility for you.
We always stay in a certain boutique hotel in downtown, so I have no recommendations for B&B's, but you must read her trip reports, you will enjoy them and you can get some good info too!
Enjoy!