Montreal Hotel

Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

Montreal Hotel

Has anyone stayed at this hotel HOTEL-SUITES LE FAUBOURG. I am off to Montreal for a week on May 1st and booked my stay at this hotel and got a great rate. Says that it comes with fully equipped kitchens and rooms are very large and clean. Any feedback will be appreciated. I still have time to change my reservations if this is not the right area or the place. Never been to Montreal before.
Thanks
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:36 PM

http://www.hotelfaubourg.com/

Have you seen their website? Here it is in case you haven't.
I looked it up on a Montreal site, they give it 3 stars, it is a new hotel.
Cannot remember where Rene Levesque is though..at least this will top this for you and maybe someone will help you more
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:50 PM

http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/B2C...s&selCategory=

\Here is the Tourism Montreal site that tells you all about your hotel but also gives great info about Montreal and what is going on there..I love Montreal
Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:41 PM

Dear TweetexT,

Do you want to be in the heart of downtown? It depends where on Rene Levesque it is-it may very well be far from things but I can call tomorrow for you. If you scroll you will find many postings on hotels in montreal-just take the time to do it. What is your budget-approx? Go to www.montrealcam.com and also www.bonjourquebec.com or call toll free at 1-877-266-5687

www.bbmontreal.com
Apr 24th, 2003, 06:02 AM

Don't know anything about the hotel, but I am somewhat familiar with the area. It is in the heart of downtown, but not the most desirable area. It is a little East of St. Laurent and below St. Catherine. This neighborhood is a bit on the shabby side. Not dangerous or run down, but not my first choice of locations. St. Catherine by St. Laurent is noted for sex shops and miniskirted women in doorways. However, walk a few blocks and you will be in some much nicer surroundings.
Apr 24th, 2003, 01:47 PM

Hi TweetexT & Zootsi,
Zootsi is right, It would not be number 1 on my list but it is between St. Laurent(great restaurants etc)and St. Denis St-both "happening" streets but somewhat not exactly where I'd want to be but it is ok.