Reload this Page >

Montreal - Help!

Search

Montreal - Help!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Dali

Montreal - Help!

Was planning on booking a room in Old Montreal for a romantic weekend. My wife and I would like to shop some nice boutique shops, hit some nice resturaunts, etc. Would we be better off staying somewhere where we would have access to the Underground, or stay in Old Montreal? We've never been to Montreal before and just want to get away for a few days. Any suggestions?

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Brian Kilgore

Just bookyour hotel in Old Montreal.<BR><BR>When you do want to go somewhere else, it's a reasonable walk to the Metro, or just grab a cab.<BR><BR>For romance, stay where the romanitc part of town is.<BR>the Nov. 4 BusinessWeek has a feature on Montreal, and recommends Gibby's Restaurnt there. (Steak, roast beef, and other &quot;real&quot; food, in a converted stable from long ago.)<BR><BR>BAK<BR><BR>BAK

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Wendy

I agree with Brian. Stay in Old Montreal and take the subway to go shopping. It is way more romantic Downtown Montreal is like any other downtown. A great place to check out is the Auberge du Vieux-Port. They have great winter deals.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 07:45 AM
kate

We were just in Montreal, stayed downtown, but I talked to a taxi driver about the new hotels in the Old part and he said that the favorite seemed to be Hotel Nelligan and the St James. <BR>Nice boutique shopping and restos are more in the downtown area thant the Old Port. I will find my link for Montreal that helped us with our planning.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 07:46 AM
kate

http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/B2C/00/default.asp