Montreal Italian Festival

Apr 24th, 2003, 03:43 AM
Original Poster

Montreal Italian Festival

I was wondering if anyone had any information on an Italian Festival supposedly held some time in June. It is to be held in Little Italy neighborhood but all that i have heard is that is at the end of June with no specific date. Since i will be in town for the last weekend i would be interested in atttending.
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:51 AM

We have been to this festival. It's a typical 'street fest' type event, where local vendors and groups setup booths and tables along the main street. There are foods to sample, some live music, and all different kinds of merchandise to peruse. It was a fun way to spend a few hours, but I wouldn't say it was the highlight of our Montreal long weekend. Montreal's Italian section is a very interesting area a bit off the tourist track; close by is the Jean Talon outdoor market which is a must see if you are in the neighborhood.
Apr 24th, 2003, 01:49 PM

Great restaurants and marvellous cafes there as well-yes, go see the Jean Talon market!!!
Apr 24th, 2003, 01:52 PM

call this toll free number and they may be able to give you the dates:1-877-266-5687,also where you are staying-I would ask them --being a hotel, they will know the dates or if they don't know, they will find out for you
Apr 24th, 2003, 02:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information, I will definitely call the number and hope for the best.Our primary entetainment will be attending the jazz festival, but Im always looking for something a little off the beaten path.
Apr 24th, 2003, 08:26 PM

hoopscoach-go on this site;they may have info but ask the person at your hotel(they should know)
www.montrealcam.com