Montreal for the first time

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive never been to Montreal before and need some suggestions. Looking for a hotel, nice but affordable, preferably in the heart of the city. Also, I'll only be in the city for three days what do I see ad what do I skip?
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 11:17 AM

U should try B&B Les Bons Matins, it's great, we stayed there and they have an amazing breakfast, nice rooms and they are located in downtown, it is also affordable.www.bonsmatins.com
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 12:39 PM

The Marriot Springfield Suites are nice and located in Old Montreal which is a lovely area of the city. I stayed there last weekend and paid $137. Canadian for the night which included a full buffet breakfast. The room is large with 2 double beds and a sitting area. Also has a small fridge and microwave. I've also stayed at the Auberge Bonaparte which is also in Old Montreal. It has small charming rooms and includes a full breakfast. Check on tripadvisor for the best info. In Montreal you mostly want to walk and soak up the ambiance. Major things to see and do are Mount Royal, Botanical Gardens, Old Montreal, Musee des Beaux Arts, shopping, eating and drinking wine! The website www.chowhound.com has good suggestions for dining.
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 02:31 PM

When are you going? It can matter. For example the SUMMER International Fireworks competition. Winter may have its own events. Why are you going? For work? Meaning that day activites are out and will only time for night activities. It is a great place even just to stroll around the old city for three days
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 03:02 PM

Hi mar. I just got a fantastic deal from the Hotel Nelligan group for 3 nights over Christmas. $475 US TOTAL(Including Christmas Dinner) at Auberge du Vieux-Port. We have been before and its really lovely.

Do a search for Hotel Nelligan and their other 2 hotels will come up also. We are actually staying in one of Auberge's apartment with fireplace, living room, full modern kitchen and loft bedroom.

These are regarded as four star hotels and they are in Old Montreal.