A romantic getaway in Montreal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I went to Montreal last winter for our honeymoon. We picked this great B&B in the heart of downtown with fireplaces, whirlpools and the works...this place is called Les Bons Matins, well it was top notch romantic and they had a great breakfast. We felt in Paris with french flowing in conversations and the friendliness of the locals. The B&B made a great restaurant suggestion for Europea, so we tried it and they were right, it was outstanding. We ended up going for a ski trip up north just for a few days after and rented another place like the B&B but it wasn't quite the same. We'll be going back soon for sure, Montreal is just fabulous!!!
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 12:02 PM

Yes, Montreal is a great city for just having fun. We are only 3 hours away, so visit several times a year. I'm not too familiar with the neighborhood your b&b is in, we usually stay on the Plateau (very French!). Montreal may not have the visual splendor of Paris or the history of Boston, but it's a very comfortable, user friendly city.
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 12:12 PM

"Ariela", advertising is forbidden on this and all of Fodor's forums....
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 09:45 AM
MaureenB

rjw, why do suspect Ariela is advertising??

Old Nov 5th, 2005, 10:04 AM

We always stay at the Le Germain and I think it is one of the best hotels in Montreal.
They have this huge roaring fire in the lobby, free internet, big pretty rooms and a great staff that is friendly but professional.
I always get a kick out of the bathroom/bedroom wall being a huge window so you can watch tv from the shower, or in one room, you can look out the window at the streets below..lol, I always close the blinds though
zootsi! hello!
We want to visit Montreal again soon, where do you stay on the Plateau?