Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Le Chateau Frontenac - Christmas Dinner?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance (soon to be husband) and I are spending part of our honeymoon at Le Chateau Frontenac. We're arriving on Christmas Eve and staying for a few days after. We are thinking about making reservations for their Christmas dinner (either in the Ballroom or Le Champlain). Can anyone offer any information about these? (like if it's worth the cost, and how to dress for it?!?! Wouldn't want to show up in a skirt and sweater only to find everyone else in a ball gown!) Thank you so very much.

Lyanna
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 02:57 PM

Hi Lyanna,

I've often had Christmas dinner at the Château Frontenac with my family. The meal is elaborate and IMO worth the cost.

It is a rather dressy event but you won't see any ball gowns. A skirt and blouse would be more appropriate than a skirt and sweater, unless your sweater is a dressy one.

Hope this helps.

Ginny
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 06:36 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for that info! I think I'll stop by a Macy's one day to look in their evening wear section. Maybe I can get a nice dress there. I'm very excited about spending Christmas there! (if you couldn't already tell )

Lyanna
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 01:55 PM

Lyanna, what a nice place to spend your honeymoon! We just returned from Quebec City and if you have another night you are looking for someplace special to eat I would highly recommend Panache - fabulous menu and the ambiance is wonderful. It's in lower town and is attached to the hotel Ste. Antoine. We ate there to celebrate a friend turning 50 and we will all remember the evening as being a truly special one. Congrats on your upcoming celebration!
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the recommendation. We'll definitely look into it! We'll have 3 nights there, so we'll definitely need places to eat our meals.

Lyanna