Lakeview B&B - Toronto

Jul 23rd, 2004, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Lakeview B&B - Toronto

Have anyone stayed there? I am a little concern about the location. It is on Lakeview Avenue surrounded by following main roads: Dundas St. West, College St., Dovercourt Rd. And Ossington Ave. I will not have a car, and I do not want to spend all my time in the Dundas Streetcar (the only nearby public transport). I am going for the International Film Festival and would like to be relatively close to the theathres, York, and St. Lawrence market while paying less than 150 Canadian dollars a night. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks.
Jul 23rd, 2004, 08:59 AM
BAK

My daughter called me yesterday, delighted that she had just signed a lease for an apartment in that neighborhood. She's a public transit kind of a girl, and likes the area.

That said, it's not in an area you'll love to hang around in between shows.

Get yourself to the Choice Hotels web site, and look for various Choice properties, which operate under various names, in Toronto. There's a Choice property on Lombard, near the St. Lawrence MArket; a Journey's property on Bloor Street West near St. George, very close to Yorkville. Another on Charles Street East, just a couple fo blocks south of Bloor and Yonge, and all should be reasonably priced and clean and close to lots to do between shows, plus close enough to public transit.

Check out the Hotel Victoria and The Strathcona Hotel, too. Both close to subway, should be in the price range, short walk to St. Lawrence, ...

BAK
Jul 25th, 2004, 01:54 PM
JMM

Not my first choice of an area to stay in if I were visiting the city. Also I think the price is excessive for that area. BAK's advice is good.
Jul 27th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the advice. I cancelled and booked a room at Hotel Victoria, which seems to be very centrally located and not expensive.
Jul 28th, 2004, 05:18 AM
BAK

The Hotel Victoria has a great location. Down a block and turn left, two or three blocks to theSt. Lawrence Market. Subway stop is a block from the hotel.

Big Starbucks with cheerful staff a block away, too.

BAK
Aug 22nd, 2004, 06:35 AM

I am the owner of Lakeview Victorian Bed and Breakfast. We are located in one of the most interesting and safe residential districts in downtown Toronto. It is also a five minute walk from the best restarant district in the city. Our rates are an excellent buy considering that they include breakfast, free parking on the property and high speed internet access. Check out our independent guest reviews at www.tripadvisor.com. Unfortunately for carlacs, we are fully booked for the Film Festival dates.