Killing time in Edmonton . . .

Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:15 AM
leigh

Killing time in Edmonton . . .

I have 10 hours to kill after arriving at the Edmonton International. What to do, what to do? Is there such a thing as a shuttle bus from the airport to the West Edmonton Mall? and of course, one back to the airport?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:20 AM
Jim Rosenberg

The airport is a bit out of the way, but the West Edmonton Mall is an E-Z drive and there is tons of parking available. Rental cars are not particularly expensive and that may be a good bet to help you get the most out of the time you have available. (Just remember to write down where you parked that car!) As for shuttles, I'll have to leave that for someone who knows. I would highly recommend the West Edmonton Mall. It's a very entertaining way to spend some time and I don't even get into shopping in a big way. Happy Contrails!

Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:02 AM
carol

My husband travelled through Edmonton a lot in the last year, and his favourite place is Old Strathcona and Whyte Street. Will check with him on a shuttle.

Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:53 AM
gary

I think I answered your questionm earlier. There is a hotel shuttle from the Airport to the Fantasyland Hotel in the Mall. It's called I believe the Gray Goose and stops at other hotels on the way but usually is less than 45 minutes each way.

Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:31 PM
DS

From: http://vacations.alaskaair.com/Canada/WestEdmontonMall/WestEdmontonMall_transfers.asp

West Edmonton Mall Airport Transfers

Sky Shuttle offers scheduled shuttle service from Edmonton International Airport to Fantasyland Hotel and The West Edmonton Mall Inn. Travel time is approximately 50-60 minutes depending on traffic. The Sky Shuttle booth is located in the baggage claim area. For assistance at the airport, call Sky Shuttle at 780-890-7234.