Transportation from Tampa Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know a reliable (inexpensive if possible) way to get from the Tampa Airport to the Don Cesar Resort? How far is it and what would a taxi run? Is there another option. I can't find where the hotel offers any type of shuttle.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:23 PM
OliveOyl

it's around 27 miles, give or take, from the airport to the don--about a 35-40 minute drive outside of rush hour. i don't believe i've ever seen a don cesar van on i-275, but super shuttle makes runs to that area and would probably be your least expensive option. Their website for this area is: http://www.shuttlefinder.net/airport...tampa_bay.html the area you'll be going to is pinellas county.

Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:25 PM

the shuttle would pobably be cheaper than a cab round trip...you can get round trip or one way..they are pretty reliable...may take a while to pick up and deliver you if there are a lot of people to drop off..and pick up...just make sure you have plenty of time to make it to the airport for your flight...don't take a chance..call the Don and ck.. .
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:41 PM

think a cab was about $30 one way when someone I know went to Clearwater..and I think the limo/shuttle is about 9 to 18 or about 26 to 30 roundtrip...there are 2 shuttle/limo copmanies that I know ot of the Tampa Airport...right out sie of the airport..not out front by the car rentals but if looking at the car rental area it is to your right...at the end outside...there are booths outside...ck the airport website for transportation
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:09 AM

I would call the Concierge Desk at the hotel. There is often a shuttle/limo setup that is not advertised.
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:22 AM

The hotel doesn't have a shuttle, but there are a couple of shuttle services that operate between the St. Pete Beach area and the airport. You can find out by asking the hotel, or you can simply follow the signs when you arrive at the airport and catch the next van. Costs can be as low as $12 per person each way.

Time to reach the Don CeSar by car without stops is about 25 minutes. The typical number of stops made by the shuttle vans will stretch that time to 35-45 minutes. A taxi will cost around $30, as already noted.

If you feel a bit adventurous, talk to some of the passengers on the plane and you'll likely find someone who is returning to St. Pete and lives in the St. Pete Beach area. If so, they will usually offer you a ride because the standard route to St. Pete Beach from the airport goes right to the Don CeSar Hotel, and it won't be out of the way for anyone living in the St. Pete Beach area. If you don't have any luck getting a free ride, you can always then fall back on the shuttle. Good luck.
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:50 AM
OliveOyl

fun2travel, aside from Super Shuttle I mentioned above, I saw another service leaving our hotel this morning...a van, with their web address written on the back. http://www.tampabayshuttle.com/ Competition! Check to see who has the best price.