Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Do not use TRANSERIAL AIRPORT SHUTTLE in Paris

Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This company did pick us up at the airport as planned, so we thought they were reliable--and their price was reasonable. However, when leaving Paris, we called and confirmed the day before, but they never came. After almost an hour of waiting and trying to contact them (message that wouldn't take messages), we opted for a taxi. At the same price! Will never use them again.
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 07:08 PM

Yikes Amart, nothing is more stressful then thinking you have trasportation to the airport and than they don't show up. I would rather not be met at the airport on arrival then not be picked up to go to the airport. Trust you did make your flight on time.
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 07:17 PM

That's my thought too. I don't mind as much if a shuttle forgets to pick me up at the airport. It's my return trip back to the airport that really concerns me. I swear a taxi is more reliable especially when your hotel can reserve one the day before your departure.
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 07:52 PM

The attraction of airport shuttles in Paris is something that has always escaped me. There just isn't a substantial advantage over a taxi in most cases and when the hassle factor is added in, the shuttles lose, in my view.
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 10:25 PM

I am totally with Flyboy on this one. Airport shuttles are an American feature that "smart" French entrepreneurs are trying to impose on gullible American tourists. I don't know of any European who has taken a shuttle from or to CDG. Sorry about your misadventure, Amart, but at least you will have learnt, admittedly the hard way, that pricewise you are not worse off taking a cab, without the anguish to find/wait the darn shuttle, not to mention the promiscuity inside the shuttle, the stops inbetween, etc.
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 11:09 PM

"...the promiscuity inside the shuttle..." I hadn't thought of that reason, but that's another good reason to take a taxi.
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 01:42 AM

I suppose the promiscuity in a taxi is a lot more personal and satisfying, is that it?
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 01:49 AM

Damn! I've been missing all the fun promiscuity to and from the airport!
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 03:56 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I thought the promiscuity was inside those limos in London that some guy was advertising last month with the strippers and lap dancing.
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 04:07 AM

Add me to the list who has never understood a single advantage of taking a shuttle in Paris. One of the last things I want to do on arrival is worry about finding a phone, a phone card to use it, and calling the shuttle to say I'm here, then waiting for it to arrive, when I've never seen much of a line for taxis which are already waiting right outside.

And several times in Paris, the hotel or even my apartment contact kept wanting me to book a shuttle for my return to the airport. Why should I worry about them showing up or what time they'll arrive, when there is a taxi stand right outside my door with a car waiting whenever I'M ready to go, not when THEY are?
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 04:46 AM

I agree that I don't want to call a shuttle at the airport. But on the way back to the airport, it depends how many people there are. For one or two people, it seems that the shuttle is more economical and can be reserved in advance just like a cab. I haven't ever had a taxi stand right outside my door, so calling a shuttle was as easy as calling a cab and less expensive. I've had good luck with the services I've called, though, and it is good to hear about those services that don't follow through on their scheduled pick-ups. That said, I have heard of taxis which didn't show up also.
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 04:55 AM
ira

I have had a couple of experiences when the reserved cab didn't show.

I'm not sure that cabs are more reliable than shuttles.

Old Jul 4th, 2005, 05:33 AM

We used a Paris shuttle once and it worked out ok, but it wasn't significantly cheaper than a taxi.
The van shuttle service at Chicago O'Hare is just as bad as in Paris. One year I paid for a round trip service and waited and waited for them to show. The hotel finally called the shuttle for me, only to be told they were too busy to bother coming to pick me up--even though I had prepaid. From then on, it was taxis to and from the airport.
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 07:28 AM

I took a shuttle to the Paris Airport from the 7th for 36 euros. It was fine. I would recommend it. I can't remember the name of the shuttle service, the hotel recommended it to me and reserved it for me.
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 07:33 AM

ballbuster, were you traveling alone? A price of 36 euro might be fine for one person traveling to CDG, but would that be 72 euro for two people?
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 07:34 AM

Hotels would really love us to reserve shuttle services they recommend because on the whole they cost alot. Thirty-six euro is very expensive for a shuttle service. The taxi is maybe 9 or 10 euro more only.
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 07:34 AM

It was two people for 36 euros. I think the price for one was 24.
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 12:09 PM

The service I have used successfully, World Shuttle, charges 25 euro for one person and 17 euro apiece for two to five.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:35 PM

I used Transerial in June to take my family (of 4) from CDG airport to our hotel in the 6th, and was very happy. The driver was waiting for us with a sign on arrival, was helpful with the luggage, and drove a new Zafira, which had plenty of room for us and lots of luggage (we were the only passengers), which was great after 19 hours travelling from Australia. The charge was 55 euros for up to 4 people, so works out well for 4. The driver and car also do regular taxi work, and the driver assured me the charge for a taxi would have been more given extra charges for the 4th person and luggage. As we were unfamiliar with Paris, it saved us the stress of finding a large taxi, and wondering whether we'd be overcharged.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 01:31 AM

Hi

A taxi from CDG to Eiffel cost us (2) 60E. We used a shuttle service - Paris Shuttle - from Eiffel to CDG. This could be the same one as yours, ballbuster. It cost us 38E. No complaints. This service was booked from our hotel. I've always used taxis but I used a shuttle for the first time in Madrid to get the to the airport at the suggestion of the hotel. Again this was cheaper than the taxi. I can't comment about taking from the airport but from my experience they are definitely cheaper and I will use shuttles in future.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -