Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is there a hotel in Vancouver where you get a view of the Mountains and the Bay??

Search

Is there a hotel in Vancouver where you get a view of the Mountains and the Bay??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is our first trip to Vancouver and I hear it's beautiful there.Is there a hotel where you can have views of the Mountains and the bay?? Or is that not possible?
thanks.
Debbie
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 07:24 AM
BAK

Bay" opens sort of a semantic argument, but if you'll settle for "inlet" or "harbour" yes, there are lots.

The Westin Bayshore (well, there's "Bay" again overlooks water, Stanley PArk, and across the park, the mountains on the north shore of Burrard Inlet.

The Pan Pacific is on a wharf with water onthree sides, and mountains straight ahead.

The Fairmont Waterfront is on the waterfront.

Depending onhow high you are and what rooms you are in, the Four Seasons and the Fairmont Vancouver have rooms with both scenses, but the odds are not all that good you'd get them.

Same for the Hyatt.

Anyway, yes, there are several hotels right by the water, with mountains int he background.

The Granville Island Hotel is right by the water, but there's lots of city in the way of the mountain view.

Old Oct 9th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Wow.Thank you for the quick reply.I'm trying to talk my sister into going with me to Vancouver and she will only go If I can 'wow' her with a great hotel and a fabulous view while still trying to keep the $$$ down...
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Debbie
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

OH yes and were both in our 40's and not big partiers.
I remember one time we went to Washington DC and stayed at the Hyatt.It was a great hotel right in the middle of everything but they were hosting a 'model' search.So every size 2 guy and gal around 16-18 years old took over the hotel and grounds.
We kept laughing because we were the only 'fat' woman there and the only ones actually 'eating' in the restaurant! Too funny.
Any hoot sorry to get off the subject.
Just wanted to share.
Debbie
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 01:50 PM

There are tons of hotels that offer mountain and water views. Downtown Vancouver has three different waterfronts, (Burrard Inlet to the north, English Bay to the west, and False Creek to the south) and the mountains are always visible to the north, the north-east, and the north-west, as long as you're high enough up in the hotel to see them.

My most favourite water & mountain view from a hotel is the Sandman Suites on Davie Street, as long as you get a room on a higher floor, facing west.

The Coast Plaza Suites on Comox would also offer that.

Then there are the hotels along Burrard Inlet like the Renaissance, the Fairmont Waterfront, the Pan Pacific, and a few hotels located a bit further inland that would still offer similar views like the Sheraton Wall Centre, the Hyatt, and the Blue Horizon.

Old Oct 9th, 2006, 01:51 PM

Oh yes, and the Westin Bayshore is also quite nice.
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for all the great suggestions.I'll take a look at them and see if I can find one that looks like what were looking for.
Debbie
Old Nov 4th, 2006, 02:29 AM

Recommend Coast Plaza Suites. Althought a while since we stayed, had view of mountains to the right and the bay to the left. Huge lounge, kitchen, bedroom & bathroom. Was very reasonably priced.
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 08:12 PM

You all forgot the Sylvia Hotel. While there's a limited mountain view (looking west), it's directly across the street from English Bay looking out to the Pacific. Yes, it's an older hotel and the rooms need updating, but the price should be better than the Westin, Pan Pacific and the Waterfront. You're situated right in the West End, 2 blocks from Stanley Park. Inquire about a room at the front for the best view.