Good hotels in Mississauga, Ontario

Nov 27th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

Good hotels in Mississauga, Ontario

I've never been to Canda but may have a meeting coming up in Mississauga, Ontario. Can someone please recommend some great hotels in this area?
Nov 27th, 2005, 09:34 PM

Mississauga is located to the west of Toronto.

Apart from concentration of hotels around the airport there are few first class hotel choices in Mississauga.

The Sheraton (attached to terminal 3) or Hilton are good bets. There is also a Novotel 3670 Hurontario Street near the Square One Shopping Centre which is "the heart of Mississauga"
and may be better suited to where your meeting is located.

Nov 28th, 2005, 11:31 AM

Do you have to stay in Mississauga - why not stay downtown where there's some life on the streets(some of it very low, I admit). Take a cab or the airport bus to your meeting.
Nov 28th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

I'm very willing to stay downtown. What hotels would you recommend and, of course, I'll now be needing recommendations for good dining and drinking and site seeing and...
Nov 28th, 2005, 06:15 PM

Just to clarify, I am sure SallyCanuck means downtown Toronto not Mississauga which is a good option depending on where in Mississauga your meeting is. Mississauga is quite big. Perhaps you could give us the major intersection where your meeting is and we can go from there.
Nov 28th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Original Poster

I'm not sure as to major intersection, but here is the street:
Robert Speck Parkway
Mississauga
Ontario
Canada
L4Z1H8
Nov 28th, 2005, 08:07 PM

Robert Speck is in the centre of Mississauga across the street from Square one. It intersects Hurontario and runs to Burnamthorpe. There are several office towers here. I drove out there from Greektown one morning to visit a client. It took about 40 minutes down the QEW and north on Hurontario. Parking is in the basement of the office towers or free if you park in Square One and walk across the street. The Novotel is about three blocks south of Robert Speck.

Here is a map. Keep zooming in to find Robert Speck on the east side of Square One.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=on&zipcode=

All in all, if your time is short in Toronto, stay in Mississauga. If you have time, stay in downtown Toronto where there is much more to do, see on foot with unlimited places to eat.

Dec 5th, 2005, 04:39 PM

Of course I mean downtown Toronto. There is no downtown Mississauga. It's one BIG bedroom with a few plazas thrown in - has anyone ever seen anyone walk in the place? If you want to see some life, stay in Toronto. Mississauga is not a city.
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:20 PM

If you need to be near where your meeting is, the Novotel is very close. Not even a five minute cab ride. Coming from a downtown Toronto hotel in rush hour to get to a meeting at Robert Speck would take you quite awhile.

There are many restaurants in the area, some in nearby Streetsville,which is part of Mississauga. There are roadhouse type restaurants further up Hurnontario.
I don't think you would really have a problem finding good restaurants in Mississauga. Will you have a car? If so, there are many places to go without going all the way downtown Toronto.

Dec 6th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the continued input folks!