fours season or wedgewood?

Jun 5th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Original Poster

fours season or wedgewood?

We will be in vancouver for one night in july -- any advice on which hotel to pick. Rates are about the same.
Thanks
Jun 5th, 2004, 07:51 PM

It really depends on what your preferences are for a hotel.... but I'd choose the Wedgewood. A lovely boutique hotel. If you do a search on Vancouver hotels you'll find lots of posters recommend it.
Jun 6th, 2004, 03:57 AM

I agree with taggie; I love the Wedgewood and I'm sure the 4 seasons is lovely but it is a chain and the Wedgewood is more unique and smaller. Lovely breakfast room in the lobby bar....
Jun 7th, 2004, 07:47 AM

Both hotels are fine. I eat in both quite regularly and have seen some of the bedrooms of friends who have stayed there.

All in all, I'd go for the Wedgewood. It's a little bit quieter than the Four Seasons and somehow more pleasing, visually - though if you can't get in there, the Four Seasons is also fine. They're within easy walking distance of each other so neither has an advantage in terms of location.
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:00 PM

I had a hard time deciding between the Vancouver Four Seasons and Wedgewood Hotel. Finally decided on Wedgewood. I'm glad I did. I'd highly recommend the Wedgewood Hotel to anyone staying in Vancouver - service was wonderful and the room was beautifully appointed (Frette linens and upscale toiletry products, beautiful tapestry on bed); the bathrooms were marble (again, Frette towels and robes - the Four Seasons in Whistler had the same linens and towels) and the adjustable Kohler showerpiece is terrific. The chocolates upon arrival is an especially nice touch. The famous cookies at turndown were a nice touch although a bit overrated. Request a view overlooking the Robson gardens if you do book there. The location was fantastic and central to everything. Staff was extremely gracious.

I'd also recommend Brix for dinner. We were treated really well and had a perfect table in the window. Very nice entrees list, selection of tapas and wines by the glass. Top notch service and terrific at serving appetizers / tapas style throughout the varous courses (sometimes wait staff is not so gracious because of the several trips to overall price of meal ratio).