Four Points Sheraton Toronto Lakeshore

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone help with information on this hotel ? Is it in a good area ? How far from downtown ? The airport ? If you've know the hotel, is it well maintained ? Thanks.
Old May 5th, 2004, 08:17 PM
BAK

I used to live a hundred yards or so from this hotel, and it's a fine location, sort of.

There's a park across the street, and the lake, and it's a fairly easy drive -- 20 minutes, perhaps, to downtown.

but you can leave the hotel and walk a longish block and take the streetcar ($2.25 cash fare) downtown in twenty minutes, too. It's an interesting ride, and there are lots of streetcars, so there is not much of a wait.

All in all, not a bad choice of hotel at all, if you don't want much in the way of hotel features.

BAK

Old May 6th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. Streetcars ? Wow, I had no idea they were still being used in TO.

Old May 6th, 2004, 01:05 PM

If staying here, be aware that it backs onto a major expressway. Not sure if requesting a lake view room would make a difference but there are rooms that certainly have windows facing the expressway. Just so you know.
Old May 14th, 2004, 09:53 AM

Queen and St.Clair streetcars alone carry more people than the entire subway system each and everyday.
Old May 18th, 2004, 05:04 AM

If you're getting a very good deal, want to be near the water and plan to drive a lot, this hotel might be a good deal. But you're a fair distance from downtown sights (and, as noted above, beside an expressway). If you're relying on your feet and public transportation to get around, I think there are better options.