InterContinental Toronto Centre

May 7th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Original Poster

InterContinental Toronto Centre

Any experience with this hotel?

Has anyone stayed in the Water View Suites?

Thanks in advance!
May 7th, 2004, 05:46 PM
BAK

It used to be a Crowne Plaza, 9assuming this is the one on Front, because names are confusing) and has had major renovations. Ironically, it is not the Intercontinental that actually is in the center of Toronto. That one's on Bloor Street.

BAK
May 7th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you it's the one on Front
May 7th, 2004, 08:52 PM

Its my favorite hotel in TO... great location, near the convention centre, skyDome, underground walkways, theatres, Queen St W. boutiques and restaurants... also if you join the Priority Club (free) they have lots of special deals... The water view suites are just that, they are on the lake side of the hotel, but the property is about 3 blocks (maybe 4) from the water. The City view is just as nice.
May 8th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

garyt22

Thank you for your informative response.
May 12th, 2004, 09:34 AM

The old Crowne Plaza is known as the InterContinental Toronto Centre. I live in Toronto and spent a night and two days there on a special tourism package.

It depends on what you want. Definitely it's a nice hotel, sparse lobby, nice executive room upgrade. Although it's close to many things, so is the other InterContinental on Bloor near Bay and I prefer it for the ambience -- more lively area and still close to many things or just a subway hop away. I think that can be said for just about any downtown hotel. Either way you can't go wrong.

The Toronto Centre hotel is in the business area but is more bustling if it's summer than in winter, especially weekends.