Montreal Hotel for Grand Prix

Old Mar 18th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montreal Hotel for Grand Prix

I am looking for a hotel close to Parc Jean-Drapeau for the Grand Prix in June. Either walking distance or mass transit ride is okay. Like modern, clean, under 150/night. Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 08:25 PM

Hello gr8travels,
You will be incredably lucky to find a hotel in Montreal for the Grandprix weekend, especially at that price. The closest available place we have found is 45 mins. outside the City.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 06:06 AM

Are hotels that much in demand? It is hard to imagine so.. May have some luck with a B&B room worse case?
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 07:11 AM

Believe it. If you can find a room, you will pay through the nose during Grand Prix week. It's worse than the Jazz Festival or any other Montreal event.

You could try McGill University, which rents rooms (mostly singles) in some of its dorms in the summer. It's about $35 US per night, I think. It's downtown but some of the dorms are on top of a steep hill. They might have something left for Grand Prix week. http://www.mcgill.ca/residences/summer It's also possible that students who fail to get a summer sublet for their apartments might have something available, http://www.mcgill.ca/classified/housing
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 07:34 AM

You may want to try next year, but Canada may not get another F1 race forever. The F1 race this year almost didn't happen. So, be prepared to pay, or regret for the rest of your life...
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 08:43 AM

Don't be discouraged - there are countless small hotels and b&b's throughout the city & most are near a Metro. Eight years ago, we found a room at Residence du Voyaguer for $75 a night during race week, and we got it 3 days ahead of time (admittedly, this was unusual). Do a search on b&bs in Montreal, you should be able to find something.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 09:07 AM

I stand corrected, there do seem to be hotels available for Grand Prix weekend this year. They are basic type hotels/motels and they are outragiously expensive, but they are available. I have heard that the popularity of the Grand Prix in Mtl. has dimminished somewhat because Villeneuve no longer races and thus the room availability.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 10:12 AM

I don't think Villeneuve not being there will make that there is a less big crowd. You should have seen last year, there was TONS of people from South America there to see Montoya... It was nutz. I thnk it will be even more this year... Ciao!
Christelle
Old Apr 26th, 2004, 09:17 PM

Villineuve not racing has already had a huge effect along with Eccelstone's addiction to tobacco money. F1 is hooked on smokes and screwed the race this year. I'm sure as you get closer to June it will get much harder to find a place.

The guy with the house sounds cool though.

I am having a mental block but last year I stayed across the street from the University of Montreal at ?????, right downtown, a block away from the Metro. This stop was one away from the track and you would wake up Sat morning hearing that music from the Island that gives me goosebumps EVERYTIME I hear it. MAHHHHHHHH, MAHHHHHHHHH, MAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, MAHHHHHHHHHH,
pah, pah, pah, pah, pah, pah, pahhhhhh, pahhhh, pahhhh, MAHHHHHHHHHH, MAHHHHHHHG, MAHHHHHHHHH......

The previous four years I stayed at a hole near the New Forum for $185 a night. The monday rate went down to $79 a night.

if you have been, you know exactly what I mean. Viva la Formula One. Have a great time, I so wish I was going this year.

If Air Canada tanks I wonder what happens to the race then.
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 09:17 AM

I think that because Montreal lost the Grand Prix last fall and then got it back again has caused a slow down in reservations; I think it will pick up at the last minute......

There are a few hotels close to the Longueil subway (metro); only one station to JD park; if you are stuck, you could look at those...
Old May 12th, 2004, 01:09 PM

I have an apartment for rent for the Grand Prix. How many people are you? How long do you want it? To see picks visit:
www.geocities.com/tracygc3/4RENT.html

Let me know...