emerald lake lodge

Aug 12th, 2002, 05:39 PM
jessie

emerald lake lodge

Planning on making this lodge our romantic destination to celebrate our 25th. Has anyone stayed here before and do you have recommendations as far as room locations, dining,...etc? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Aug 12th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Rosemary

We've stayed here once before & are returning soon! Perhaps email me directly, & I can share in more detail -more than gen'l Forum readers probably want to read.

Also, if you're booking for *next* summer, I may be able to provide you w/the 'latest' info/recommendations after our upcoming trip. Otherwise, if you need the info now, I'll send what recommendations I can, based on our impressions from *last* time - which was awhile ago.

Aug 12th, 2002, 06:03 PM
R

Oops! Meant to type...
"a while ago" - guess my grammar is leaving me!

Aug 12th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Ginny

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights in July of 2000 as part of a Banff/Lake Louise trip. We loved the lodge and the area. We were in one of their 4 plex cabins on the second floor. Rustic elegant? Nice bed, fireplace, small patio in front. Nice view of the lake and mountains. In fact, it snowed on July 4th!

We ate at the dining room both nights - excellent food and view. Would go back in a heartbeat. There is not much else around that area. But who needs anything else? Just a very nice place all around.

Aug 13th, 2002, 12:58 PM
jessie

My main concern has to do with the standard rooms versus the deluxe rooms. The difference is $50/night and according to the reservation agent, the only difference is the view. We are going in mid October to hopefully take advantage of the colors. Hope it's not too cold!

Aug 14th, 2002, 11:52 PM
Rosemary

Jessie,

I received some tips from a nice reservations agent re: how to make a request (to maybe get the most for your money) there. I was just trying to decipher what unit it might have been, that we were in before, that was so nice. It's been so long since we were there, I had no clue. Plus, they had upgraded us, last time, due to business being light. A definite possiblity for you in mid-October!

We didn't request an upgrade...they just did it. Some places do, if they have the ability to...some don't, to be strict about things. Not sure if the place is run the same way now, but I'd recommend going for a regular superior...and, attaching some requests. Feel free to email me for more. (I don't want to make this posting any longer than it already is, or too detailed for the 'majority'.)

Whatever you do, book soon, as their prices change NOT based on the season, but on their bookings. So, as it becomes fuller, the prices go up. Bummer. On the other hand, it may not go up much since October will be slower.

I feel like I got some nice tips from this clerk there & can report back later, if they held true, since we'll be back before you leave. Just let me know if you'd like any more info.