Embassy Suites in Niagara Falls

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just checked out the rates for the above hotel and they seem pretty good as opposed to the Sheraton Fallsview. Does anyone have experience with this hotel they would like to share? Just 2 adults--no kids. Thanks.
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:00 PM

Hi Debfab. I have not been to this particular Embassy Suites hotel but I do like the ES chain for the most part. As for Sheratons, I can't say the last few have been impressive.

Old Sep 4th, 2004, 02:01 AM

We stayed at Embassy Suites NF in the spring and were quite satisfied with the service, amenities and location. The rooms have floor to ceiling windows which provide an excellent view of the falls as well as up and down the river. I wouldn't rate it ultra luxurious but our room was quite spacious and the bathroom was quite nicely designed -- jacuzzi tub for two etc.

Breakfast was included in our rate and was a full hot & cold buffet with an omelet station. I believe we paid extra for valet parking but can't recall the exact amount. Service was efficient though.

The location is good as you are directly above the funicular on the falls side of the street so your view is unobstructed. We thought it was competitively priced and good value for the money.
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 07:44 AM

We stayed at the Embassy 2 weeks ago; it was great!

1. It's as pricey as other falls view hotels (Mariot, Sheraton).

2. The jacuzzi suite we had was nice & clean. The view was magnificient; that what one pays for!

3. There are several unhappy reviews on tripadvisor.com. We stayed on the weekday and off peak time (kids back to school) so there was no problem w/ the elevators (they just added 2 new ones as we arrived).

4. Many people complained about the long line & time of the breakfast buffet. I aggreed w/ the time (7-9AM); that is the standard breakfast time at other hotels (even w/ the hotels in Europe/Asia). Yes, the line would be long and the scene is like a zoo if you get there after 8AM. However, they allow you to take the food back to your room if you can drag yourself out of bed prior 8AM. gt; I found the buffet is OK; not too bad or that great. I skipped the long line for the made-to-order omletes. The fallsiew is nice. We took a stroll down the falls afterward to to walk off the greasy breakfast.

5. Some people think the valet parking is a rip-off; I found it is average. The parking fee at most hotels in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, or Toronto is even higher! The only minor thing I don't like is that the parking fee was taxed (2 types!) but hey that is not the Embassy Stes hotel policy; it is the Ontario's rule, I think. Receiving a sticker shock on their final bills, some people could not accept the different rules in this city; they were very angry and whined about it (on tripadvisor.com). They should travel to Portland, OR; no sales tax!

6. They gave us an upgrade(?) to a higher floor (27th) w/o extra charge; the check-in was swift.

7. The service was good; we requested extra towels and a crib for our baby; they were delivered within 30'. The portable play yard was nice (better than that fr. other hotels we stayed in Toronto).

8. Check the extensive review on tripadvisor.com; some people got a better deal by paying cash.

9. We strolled down to the falls then took the tram up to the hotel($2CAD/pp-- one way).

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 17th, 2004, 11:17 AM
JMM

Question for Kayla: so the breakfast buffet was only open from 7AM-9AM ?
We are never up before 9 - so this would not work for us.
Old Sep 17th, 2004, 05:07 PM

Yes, it ends @ 9AM. You should check w/ th hotel for the updates. IMHO, the buffet is not that great; it has hot food like made-to-order omlettes, pancakes, waffles, toasts, greasy bacon, small sausage links, scrambled eggs, potato, and cold food like pastry, muffins, rolls, not-very fresh fruit and ofcourse free soda, apple juice, cranberry juice/grapefruit juice and hot tea/coffee. There maybe some more items I might miss. I saw many ads of $6/breakfast buffets nearby-across the hotel(you need to check out the menu items the day before ); that may work for you if you don't want to get up before 9AM. I normally don't get up that early while on vacation especially w/ the 3 hrs adjusting fr. the West coast. However, w/ a 6 mo young baby & my parents were w/ us so we took advantage to try the buffet. We send my Dad down right @ 8AM to get a table w/ the Falls view-- to relax fr. the crowd.
Old Sep 17th, 2004, 05:49 PM

Correction: We "sent" my Dad...

gt;