Driving QC to Gaspe

Aug 2nd, 2008, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Driving QC to Gaspe

We're staying in Vieux-Quebec for a couple nights, then driving around the Gaspe Peninsula for 4 nights. When we leave (by car) QC, is it best to take the car ferry from QC to Levis and then continue, or is it better to just use the expressway a little southwest of the city to cross over the St. Lawrence? Thanks!
Aug 2nd, 2008, 06:18 PM

Hi,

I would recommend the ferry. The route from the ferry dock in Levis to Autoroute 20 East is clearly marked.

Have a great trip!
Aug 2nd, 2008, 06:30 PM

Definitely take the ferry. It's a great way to leave Quebec, as you watch the city recede in view. It's a classic.
Aug 5th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info--the ferry it is. Is circling the Gaspe Peninsula in four nights to ambitious? We're thinking of Quebec City to, perhaps, Ste. Anne-des-Monts the first day. The next day a more leisurely drive with lots of stops from Ste. Anne to, the city of Gaspe. Spend the night in Gaspe. The next day we could do some hiking in Forillon Park, drive to Perce, then a boat to Bonaventure Island. Spend this third night in Perce. The next day continue on Hwy 132 all around the bottom of the Peninsula, thru Carleton, up to the Mont-Joli area for the fourth night. The next day, return to Quebec City. Does this itinerary seem to work? Do the cities we are thinking of spending the night in have enough choices that we will be able to find something without pre-booking? We're doing the Gaspe Pen. September 7 thru Sept. 11. Any changes and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Aug 6th, 2008, 07:55 AM

We just did the drive from QC around the Gaspe, and I posted some information. You can click on my name to get my post.
Aug 6th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Digbydog! Good info! The drive back along the southern route of Gaspe doesn't sound special--maybe we should retrace our steps back to Quebec City along the northern side of the Peninsula?
Aug 6th, 2008, 02:06 PM

The southern route was not special, but I am not familiar with the Mont-Joli area. We headed to New Brunswick, not back to QC, but retracing your steps along the northern route may be too long. Have a great time!