Reload this Page >

Day Trips from Toronto

Search

Day Trips from Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Simone

Day Trips from Toronto

My Mom and I will be traveling to Toronto at the end of July; we're staying for 7 days. What is a good day trip from Toronto? We've already been to Niagra Falls.<BR><BR>Thanks for your help!

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Ariel

Try niagara-on-the-lake, if you didn't go when you went to the falls - a really quaint place. Also St. Jacobs/Elora - where the Mennonites live (there is a farmers market in St. Jacobs on the weekends). The Zoo, one of the best in North America I have heard - definitely big.<BR><BR>I would go to St. Jacobs personally, esp. if you ahve already done N-on-the-lake.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 12:30 PM
canuck

Actually the best market is the Waterloo Farmers Market held Saturdays (and I believe Wednesdays in the summer months). It has the outdoor stalls with mennonites selling. It's just around the corner from St. Jacobs. I second St. Jacobs and Elora - lovely towns. The gorge in Elora is very pretty.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Flynn

Check out this website for good day trips outside Toronto:<BR><BR>http://www.outsidetoronto.com

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 08:22 AM
veraformica

Wasaga beach is about an hour and a bit north of TO. It is crowded on weekends, but has a great long sandy beach. The toronto islands are not exactly out of the city, but it feels like it. You can rent a bike and picknick all for a $5 ferry ride. There are a few parks that offer canoeing and such around Peterborough, about and hour and a bit outside of the city. You can go on a wine tour around St. Catherines. <BR>good luck and have fun

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:44 AM
tutu

If you are in the Niagara Wine Region try the Vineyard Cafe at the Hillebrand Winery - great food, service and pretty dining + patio areas. If you don't have a car, there are many tours that take you to the wine region.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Simone

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions. I'll share these with my mom.<BR><BR>Simone