Reload this Page >

Crafts and postcards in Montreal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Cindy

Are there any areas or stores where I may find handmade jewelry and other crafts? I 'm primarily interested in contemporary styled items. I remember seeing one such store in the Bonsecours Market and another lovely shop a few blocks away, but I wonder if there are some places you can suggest in other neighborhoods?<BR><BR>Also, any store specializing in collectible postcards ? I would love to buy some <BR>beautiful old handcolored cards of Montreal scenes. Or are there any places that sell reproductions of such cards?

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:02 AM
Louis

Cindy: You have been to one of the best spot for crafts (Bonsecours Market and L'empreinte, the shop you are referring to). The inventory at L'empreinte changes regularly so perhaps you should go back. They really have nice things there.<BR><BR>There are other hand-made jewelery and clothing stores on St-Denis St., particularly between Prince-Arthur and Mont-Royal.<BR><BR>For postcards, there are several collectibles shops on Notre-Dame St., between Guy & Atwater. Many have these old postcards. Try Lucie Favreau (Notre-Dame near Des Seigneurs).

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 08:15 AM
Cindy

One other thing -- any shops specializing in fabrics from Provence? Im thinking of those bright colored prints (especially Blue/yellow) that have a small repeated medallion/flower print<BR><BR>I've seen such places in other parts of Quebec (and the fabrics can be extremely expensive in the US)

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Louis

Cindy:<BR><BR>For provencal fabrics, you might try calling ahead to the following:<BR><BR>La maison d'&Eacute;milie: 1073 rue Laurier ouest, (514) 277-5151<BR><BR>Arthur Quentin: 3960 rue Saint-Denis, <BR>(514) 843-7513<BR>

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Louis

You might also try: <BR><BR>Senteurs de Provence: 363 rue Saint-Paul Est, (514) 395-8686<BR><BR>It's a mainly grocery shop, but they might carry fabrics...<BR><BR><BR> <BR> <BR>