Changing money best place in Toronto Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, we are ariving to Toronto from the US shortly. I was wondering which is the best place to change money at Toronto airport, usually upon arriving I like to change 100 us for the taxi and first expenses and then look for an ATM machine. Lately I use a debit card which has less expenses. Tks.
Old Jul 15th, 2005, 11:24 PM

There is a Royal Bank ATM in Terminal 2 - can't remember where it is however but do remember using it. My TD Bank debit card never worked in the US and I'm not sure that yours will work here.
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 05:52 AM

I have never had a problem using my ATM in the States and I have never heard of anyone from the States not being able to use theirs in Canada. If it has Star or Cirrus etc on the back they usually work worldwide.
I brought up the Toronto Airport guide and it says there are 16 ATM's in the terminals - so there would be several in each terminal I am sure.
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. I hope I shall have no problem I also have a visa that I might use. Never had a problem with my Atm Debit, directly from my checking account, however sometimes for some crazy reason in Buenos Aires it might work in one bank and not in the next one. In Puelba Mexico, it seemed hopeless because it did not work, nor the Visa, anywhere. We were almost in agony, counting our coins when we gave it another try in a Spanish bank, and one of the officials there did some kind of transaction charging our visa and charging us very little. It felt good.
So never give up.
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 11:17 AM

On the other hand I have a friend who was in Mexico and took $100 US as an advance on his Master Card. That was at least 10 years ago and so far it has never come through!!! Sometimes its a good thing. (well maybe not for mastercard.) He actually tried to pay them and they said they couldn't have possibly made a mistake so never mind.