Search

food in lake louise

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
food in lake louise

Hi
does anyone have suggestions for inexpensive family restuarants in the Lake Louise area - we have been told that everything is very expensive there - we are staying at Bakers Creek - what is their restaurant like?
Any details and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 03:47 AM

We ate at the Mountain restaurant, which I didn't think was expensive but I suppose it depends on your budget. It's on one of the corners of the main crossroads in Lake Louise and the window seats have mountain views. The food was good and the menu varied, everything through burgers, pastas, fajitas and meat or fish dishes with vegetables. We paid between 50 to 75 CAD for the 2 of us for a starter, main course and a couple of beers each - we didn't pick the cheapest stuff off the menu.

For breakfast, sandwiches for lunch or an indulgent cake and a coffee, don't miss Laggans bakery and cafe.
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 05:27 AM
maj

The Mountain Restaurant! I could never remember the name of that place.

We also ate one night at a family type place above Laggins -- very plain, I think it had booths and tables. We just got burgers, but I think they had meals also.

There have been discussions here on Bakers Creek's restaurant and it has all been good that I remember. I think you can eat at the hostel too.
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 06:14 AM
ltt

the station (old railroad) was good for lunch.
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 07:32 AM

I've recently heard good reports about Bill Peyto's, which apparently is a restaurant that's attached to the hostel in the village of Lake Louise. It's said to serve good food at reasonable prices. I intend to try it the next time I'm in Lake Louise.
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 10:05 AM

We have stayed at the Baker Creek Chalets a couple times, and have had dinner at the Bistro (their restaurant) as well. Our meals were very good! I will say that although I have not had their breakfasts, they smell wonderful. When we walked from our cabin to our car and passed the restaurant, it was mighty tempting!
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 12:48 PM
sockboy

The restaurant in the hostel is your best bet price-wise, for decent food.

Another place to consider is the restaurant at the old train station - ask in town for directions. The quality of the food is far better than many places in town, for comparable prices. I have only ever eaten lunch there, so dinner might be pricier, but it is a really nice, reasonable place for what you get. Not too many tourists find it, it caters mostly to locals and "bus loads" on tour groups - make reservations for dinner in the summer.

Old Jul 12th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Original Poster

thanks everyone - I've put them all on our list
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 05:59 AM

We had dinner at The Station two years ago and it was excellent! It turned out that our waiter was actually from near our home in the U.S.!!