Canadian Rockies in Sept

Search

Canadian Rockies in Sept

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian Rockies in Sept

I have 5 day to stay in Jasper and Banff. Coming in via Kamloops. What is a must see. Want to hike up to the Gondola in Banff. What about Bow falls, Suprise Corner, lake Mihnewanke, Johnson lake and canyon, Penyto lake just not sure what to see in a short period of time. Would love some feed back. Thanks, Anna
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We did CA rockies this past May. May, so to avoid the tourist crowds of the summer. If I went again, I would go in Sept, as some of the picturesque lakes were still frozen in May, and we didn't get to see that turquoise water, but that didn't ruin our trip.
We are in our early 60s, so didn't do much "real" hiking, but there is plenty to do. Spent 2 nights at that beautiful hotel on Lake Louise, but frankly would not do that again. Lake L is a bit odd. The only thing there is the lake, and that big hotel. It sure is pretty tho. The other lake that is right there, and famous (can't remember name)....we did not get to see 'cuz the road was closed....snowed in. We LOVED Jasper, very small town, but very nice.
Lake L is really just, the lake, the hotel, and a few gas stations and small grocery store/coffee shops out by the main road.
We enjoyed Banff, but it was much larger and more touristy than Jasper. If you can hit Banff in midweek, I would say that is a good idea, because I am guessing it is less full of travelers.
The cops will catch you speeding by taking a pix of the car and send you the ticket. I got one, on the way back to Calgary airport and never knew it until Alamo sent it to me. I was thinking, heck...what if I have 3 or 4 more tickets coming.