Search

BUFFALO TO TORONTO

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BUFFALO TO TORONTO

HI
i am planning to travel from buffalo(US)to toronto by road on forthcoming weekend...pls can anyone suggest me places of tourist attraction on this route ..i am aware places like oakville burlington hamilton stoneycreek st.cataherines milton mississauga r on the way ...wht can be the places worth vsiting in these small towns or in toronto itself or on the way...pls suggest
Old May 25th, 2005, 03:25 PM

I can only come up with two suggestions. The first one is very close to the QEW, but you'll have to go a short distance out of your way for the second.

1. Old Fort Erie, located in Ft. Erie Ontario just over the Peace Bridge from downtown Buffalo. The reconstructed fort is a from the War of 1812.

http://www.niagaraparks.com/heritage/forterie.php

2. The Welland Canal, where you can watch the huge tankers.

http://www.wellandcanal.com/

Maybe some Canadian fodorites can offer more information.

It's a holiday weekend, so traffic on the bridge and all the way to Toronto can get backed up. If you leave Buffalo very early in the A.M., you may have to back ups and get get there in less than 2 hrs. if you don't make any stops.

Do a search of Toronto on the Canadian board....you'll get lots of info. There are numerous things to do, but I don't know your interestes.

Have fun!

Old May 25th, 2005, 03:26 PM

Oops, I meant to say that if you leave Buffalo in the early A.M., you may encounter NO backups!
Old May 25th, 2005, 05:52 PM
BAK

There is, of course, Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake. Do you know about them?

Many vineyards and wineries on the route, between Buffalo nd Hamilton.

Life is too short to spend time in Hamilton on your schedule.

If you love flowers, Royal Botanical Gardens, in Burlington. My ten year old was there last weekened and said it was beautiful, although the highlight to him was finding a compass.

You could do worse that getting off the Queen Elizabeth Way in Burlington, and hten following Lakeshore Road along the shore of Lake Ontario from Burlington through Oakville. It will turn onthe Toronto side of Oakville, taking you back to the QEW, or you can stay on Lakeshore(less beautiful) all the way to Toronto.

BAK
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:38 AM

BAK - I was kinda thinkin' that the poster lives in Buffalo and knows all about the falls. Maybe not!
Old May 27th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Original Poster

MOre suggestion splz..abt where to stay in toronto so tht in a day all the main places canbe covered..budget is tight..
Old May 27th, 2005, 05:50 PM

ttt

BAK....can you help her out? (We like the Bay Bloor Executive Suites, but maybe it's not central enough for a one day/night whirlwind trip through the city!
Old May 27th, 2005, 07:01 PM
BAK

Hotel Victoria on Yonge Street, Strathcona on York Street and both good hotels, among the lowest priced downtown, both close to lots of things to see and do.

BG- I figured this was not a real Buffalonian based on the inclusion of is after Buffalo. Most people in Buffalo understand that Canadians know where Buffalo is. We watch the news and see the fires in Lackawana.

I even know where Tom Shannon worked in 1962.

BAK
Old May 28th, 2005, 05:36 AM

"We watch the news and see the fires in Lackawana."

BAK - I once had a friend in Toronto say that she's surprised there's any building left standing in the Buffalo area considering all she sees on the Buffalo news is fire stories!

Tom Shannon - a radio personality (I think)! I was just a mere baby in 62!

Have a good weekend.
Old May 28th, 2005, 08:15 AM
BAK

Tom Shannon was a DJ on WKBW radio, and he produced the Angel's hit My Boyfriend's Back.

What people far away may find interesting is that WNED, the Buffalo PBS station, descirbes itself as Buffalo-Toronto and Toronto people send down money when Goldie runs her fundraising drives.

I'm ionvoilved n another project where we are trying to link Buffalo and Toronto in some business ways.

BAK
Old May 28th, 2005, 02:18 PM

"What people far away may find interesting is that WNED, the Buffalo PBS station, descirbes itself as Buffalo-Toronto and Toronto people send down money when Goldie runs her fundraising drives."

BAK - we need some of that Toronto money! It's a great PBS station though, don't you think?

I hope your Buffalo-Toronto project goes well!

Old May 28th, 2005, 10:45 PM

Buffalo has hidden gems in terms of architecture. The Art Deco city hall and Court House and the houses designed by Frank Lloyd Wright (http://ah.bfn.org/a/archsty/a-c/prair/index.html
are reasons for Torontonians interested in architecture and design to travel to Buffalo.
Most largest group of Torontonians to travel to Buffalo are Bills fans.