Search

Toronto to Niagara Falls

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toronto to Niagara Falls

Hi,

How is the drive from Toronto to Niagara Falls - I mean is it 1 or 2 lane road thru hills or is it a regular multi-lane highway? I will be landing in Toronto in the evening at 8:30 PM on July 15. I plan to visit Niagara Falls on July 16. Should I rent a car or take a day-tour package from 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM? What are other attractions in Niagara Falls besides the falls for boys aged 12 and 9? Also, we will have about 1/2 day (first half, may be until 2:00 PM as the flight leaves at 5:30 PM) in Toronto on July 17- what are the best-don't-miss places to see in Toronto for kids that can be visited in 1/2 day's time.
Thanks
Ravin
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 03:04 PM

Starting from the Toronto airport after 8:30 PM you should have no traffic problems getting to Niagara Falls. Most of the drive is on 6 lane limited access highway. Naturally one accident can mess things up. AM 680 give traffic info every 10 minutes on the 1. Apart from two high bridges and climbing the Niagara Escarpment the road is as flat as flat can be.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 04:19 PM
wow

It's a "regular multi-lane highway". Even if you have to clear Customs( don't know where you are coming from.) you cld be on the road to NF by 10:30. Consider going to NF on July 15 so you are there for the day on the 16. Then head back to To. for the night of the 16th so you can enjoy your 1/2 day b/f heading back to the airport for your 5:30 PM flight on July 17.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 04:21 PM
wow

I meant to type 10:00PM...you cld be on your way to NF by 10:00 in your rental car.
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Gavin and Wow!

We are flying from San Franciscso to Toronto and leaving Toronto for New Delhi (India). Based on other posts that I read, I plan the following-

On Jul 15 night, check into a Toronto downtown hotel and park the big luggage items there. Next day, Jul 16 morning, go to Niagara Falls by Greyhound bus. Come back to Toronto in the evening. Next day morning, Jul 17, check out of hotel and visit 2-3 main attractions in Toronto in and around downtown till 1:00 PM and then head to airport for flight.

I guess we will visit CN Tower, Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. What else must-see can we pack into our 1/2 day's time and what would be the best hotel in Toronto downtown area to stay with kids aged 12 and 9.

Thanks again,
Ravin
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 03:53 AM

CN Tower and Hockey Hall of Fame are both good bets for kids that age. You might consider staying at Skydome Hotel - it is walking distance to CN Tower and close on public transit to Hockey HOF. Our kids loved staying at Skydome (certainly would not have been my first choice for hotel, but it was fine) since they could see inside baseball stadium, watch them open/close roof, etc.

While the drive between Niagara Falls and Toronto is on big, nice roads, considering your tight schedule, and likely exhaustion from flight, hauling kids and luggage, etc. - I might opt for the 8 hour bus tour - leave the driving to them, not have to worry about reading maps, etc. - take a nap on the bus. Not usually a big bus tour fan, but in this case for this location, I would choose that option.