Search

BC rail

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 12:52 AM
simon

BC rail

I have heard that BC rail will not be running passenger services after this year including the Cariboo Prospector.<BR><BR>Can anyone confirm this?

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 09:38 PM
Coco

Simon,<BR>I do know that Via Rail (Vancouver Island) has ended their service as of mid-July, 2002.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 04:51 AM
Cindy

While it's true that Via Rail is no longer operating the E&N train that runs from the Courtenay/Comox area to Victoria, that railway is still in business. Apparently some private company has taken it over. It's a lovely trip - nicer than the bus - and still running.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 06:59 AM
simon

I had an email back from them when I asked about booking for this year. This is what they said <BR>"As this is BC Rail's last season for it's passenger rail service, I would suggest you make your reservations as soon as possible so you do not run the risk of having a sold out train on your dates of travel."<BR><BR>I was wondering if this is true or perhaps they are just rying to get me to book early? Perhaps they are being taken over and they mean it is the last year the present company will operate.<BR><BR>

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 08:35 PM
Lotus Eater

Simon the women above are giving you some off-topic info.<BR>You asked about BC Rail and they are talking about a small RR on Vancouver Island-not the same operation not even close.<BR>If BC Rail is really shutting down their passenger service it's a blessing-they are a Mickey Mouse outfit.<BR>Too bad about the scenic views but they have blackened the reputation of Rail Travel in BC for many a year-peace to their ashes.<BR>How this fits in with special trains to Whistler for Ski season/the Olympic bid I'm not sure but if there'a way to screw up BC Rail will find it.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Coco

LE,<BR>Only try to give what little info. I know on the subject. That's all.<BR>Sorry about that.