Reload this Page >

rockymountain rail tours

Search

rockymountain rail tours

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 05:20 PM
bob

rockymountain rail tours

Thinking of taking the 6 nights/5days Yellowhead discover drive (rail and drive)itinerary - vancouver to kamloops to jasper to lake louise to banff. Has anyone done this? Is the package deal worth it? How would you rate the train trip on a scale of 1 to 10. What were the hotel accommodations like?

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Stuart

I live in Banff and have been on the train three times! I loved it! By all means go on it! There is tons of accommodation. What kind are you looking for and what is your budget?<BR><BR>Blessings<BR><BR>Stuart &lt;&gt;&lt;

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 07:12 AM
x

i've heard nothing but positive reviews on this trip.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Debbie

My husband and I took the rockymountain rail from Calgary to Vancouver a couple of years ago (we splurged and paid for gold leaf service). We had a wonderful time. The food was unbelievable (honest) and the service was great.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Ami

I just returned from the rail tour from Vancouver to Banff, with the gold leaf service. The train trip was absolutely spectacular, with wonderful service, great commentary, and delicious gourmet meals. In every respect it was a truly first class operation, clearly a 10+.