Rocky Mountaineer Rail/Drive tours

Mar 11th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Deb

Rocky Mountaineer Rail/Drive tours

In the planning stages for a week long mid-Sept vacation. Saw Rocky Mountaineer Rail/Drive tour. Dome car for 2 days from Vancouver to Jasper, pick up car in Jasper, then take 4 days to wind from Jasper to Banff and end in Calgary. Any comments on the 2 day rail excursion? Is the Jasper/Banff area packed in mid-Sept? Thanks, Deb

Mar 13th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Prue

Deb,
I can only reply to the Rocky Mountaineer part of your question.
We did the the two day trip from Vancouver to Banff last September, and it was wonderful. We could not have enjoyed the whole experience more. The scenery was spectacular, and the service and amenities of the train were excellent.
There has been quite a lot of discussion on this trip on this Forum and I am sure if you were to do a Search at the top of the page you would find much more information.

Mar 14th, 2002, 10:25 AM
xxx

i've heard nothing but good things about rocky moutaneer rail. i think it sounds like a wonderful schedule and mid september should be a great time to be there.

Apr 1st, 2002, 03:49 PM
Darlene

Hi Deb
I will be going this April 20, Vancouver to Kamloops, then to Jasper, overnight and coach to Banff the following day. Email me when I return, April 25 and give you the scoop!

May 25th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Gary

My wife and I went on Rocky Mountaineer Railtour from Vancouver to Banff on Red Leaf (economy-coach-?), then returned a few days later on Gold Leaf. Both journeys were spectacular. We took hundreds of photos and met great fellow passengers. Staff on train and off were excellent, courteous and always willing to go out of their way to help in any situation. To pack so much in a couple of days, I cannot imagine a better trip. We may someday go back and ride again...just because the experience was so good. Enjoy!

May 25th, 2002, 09:03 AM
dani

Hi Deb -I'm a travel agent in Ontario and I book quite a bit of RMR and have gone on it as well. They are just as great as the previous posts say. My concern about your post is the idea of taking 4 days to get from Jasper to Banff. Its really not that far between the two, unless you are thinking of going off the direct route. Another idea with RMRT is the two river junction dinner buffet/ show in Kamloops. This is a great option as there really isn't much to do in Kamloops. Let me know if you need any help with this or have any other questions. Cheers Dani