Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAD EXPERIENCE POST HOTEL

I AM SO SURPRISED WITH THE RESERVATIONS
CONSULTANT AT THE POST HOTEL. AFTER READING
ALL THE REVIEWS ABOUT THERE HOTEL, I WOULD
THINK THEY WOULD BE A BIT MORE CONSIDERATE.

I WENT TO BOOK A ROOM ON THE PREFERRED SIDE,
AND WAS TOLD THERE WAS NONE.

THIS WAS FOR JUNE 7,8,9 2007. I SPENT 3 DAYS
E-MAILING BACK AND FORTH ABOUT AVAILABILITY
FOR DIFFERENT ROOMS. THERE RESPONSE TO EACH
OF MY E-MAILS WAS VERY SHORT AND ABRUPT,WITH
NO INFO ON WHY THEY WOULD NOT HAVE ONE AVAILABLE ROOM IN THE ENTIRE HOTEL ON THE
PREFERRED SIDE IN THE BEGINNING OF JUNE. I
WAS LEFT TO THINK WHATEVER I CHOSE TO THINK.
ANYWAY, AFTER A PHONE CALL TO THE RESERVATIONS MANAGER, I FINALLY AM TOLD THAT
THERE IS A CONFERENCE ON THOSE DATES. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF THEY SAID THIS FROM THE START. PROBABLY BEST WE DON'T STAY THERE, AND WILL CHECK OUT PARADISE LODGE AND
BUNGALOWS.
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 10:24 AM

jimresp - We stayed at Paradise Lodge and Bungalows for 3 nights in Sept 2006 in a Fairview Suite. It was very comfortable - fireplace, balcony, single bedroom, living room, kitchen, nice bathroom. Depending on what kind of accommodations you're looking for, you will probably find PLB very comfortable.
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 12:30 PM

jimresp:

All caps text, as you have used for your message, is generally considered to be the internet/message equivalent of screaming. We can see why you might be frustrated with the hotel, but why are you screaming at us?
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 07:28 PM

Kate,

A colon is the wrong piece of punctuation to follow the name of somebody you are addressing. You should have used a comma. Would have worked better with the schoolteacher rebuke thing you've got going.

jimresp

I am not surprised at your experience of the Post Hotel. Just a bit short of two years after my wife and I made a complaint to them ("Happy Wife, Happy Life..." thread) they still have not responded.

Cheers,

Paul
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 09:14 PM

If all of your correspondence was in all caps, I am not surprised that their replies were terse. You are painful to read.
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 01:39 AM

Hotels never like to commit a reservation firmly to a specific room; they usually will say they'll "try" their best to accomodate you.

I spent 2 nights at the Post this fall and loved it.
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM
LJ

Where (what country, province, town)is this POST hotel and why are you posting in January 2008 about reservations for a room for June 2007? this isn't useful or relevant for the rest of us (and the caps do make your post difficult to read).
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 11:55 AM

Niagara on the Lake?
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 02:03 PM

the Post hotel is in Banff, Alberta
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 06:49 PM

The OP posted this in January 2007 - he's over and done with it.

Paul H has kindly rekindled his reactivated this post for no reason other than to "correct" Kate_W's grammar a YEAR later.

Perhaps it was to resurrect a thread complaining about the Post Hotel??
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 02:42 AM

I also thought this was a new post; honest mistake at the beginning of a new year.

I wrote cheques for the first time this year just yesterday and still wrote 2007.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 07:56 AM

Toedtoes, (note I am using a comma and not a colon )

I think you're right. A quick look at Paul_H's posting history and he does seem to have a hate-on for the Post Hotel.

Of course, Kate was asking the original poster not to yell, she wasn't attempting to correct his grammar. I see a difference with the two.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 09:37 AM

Actually, both a colon or a comma are correct, for writing letters - it depends on how formal the writer is. (Do those conventions also apply to online web posting?) From "A Writer's Handbook of Current English":

"Letters. In informal letters, commas are conventional after both the salutation (Dear Uncle Joe, Dear Shirley,) and the complimentary close (Your niece, Love,). In formal and business letters, the trend is to eliminate all punctuation except within the body of the letter; however, when punchtuation is used, a colon forllow the salutation (Dear Mr. Miller:, Dear Amanda and a comma punctuates the complimenary close (Yours truly, Sincerely,)"

Because of the reference to Paradise Bungalows, I thought the OP was talking about the Post Hotel in Lake Louise.
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 12:12 AM

Toed Toes,

Actually, it was both.

ShelliDawn,

I wouldn't say I have a hate-on for the hotel, but I do think it's ridiculous that a hotel of its (in my experience unearned) reputation thinks it can just choose to ignore a complaint and get away with it. And for all the zealots who get on this forum shouting the Post's praises from the hilltops (I have no doubt that some of the respondents to my previous threads would drink Jim Jones-style Kool Aid if the Post was dispensing it) I think readers have the right to know how they'll be treated if they ever have the gall to make a complaint.
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 12:29 AM

Paul - I have no problem with wanting to show the other side of the hotel so to speak.

However, it's not fair to anyone to bring up an old thread pretending it's new simply to bash the hotel.

First of all, it's suggesting that there are more complaints than there really are.

And second, it simply makes you look like someone who can't "get over it", rather than someone who's trying to help other posters find nice lodgings.

There are many posters who have enjoyed their stays at this hotel. You didn't. Apparently Jimresp didn't. Not everyone likes the same thing - that doesn't mean you have to continue a war against them for years and years.

Instead, why not offer some alternatives? Why not give people a different option for a hotel in the area? Instead of continuing to spout negatives, how about providing some positives of OTHER hotels?
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 12:54 AM

Toed Toes,

Firstly, I'm not particularly interested in whether or not you have a problem what I post. How on earth it's suggesting there are more complaints than there really are is beyond me.

Secondly, I have never stayed in another hotel in that area, so it would be very difficult for me to say anything nice about one, but I'll make something up and get back to you.

As far as being negative goes, as you're so well-versed in the subject of my previous postings, you'll know that I do have positive things to say. Usually about things and places that I have enjoyed positive experiences with - such as BC's Fernie,as well as its excellent ski and snowboarding school, Bear Paw lodge and Wood Restaurant.