Reload this Page >

Alpine Village in Jasper?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 12:12 AM
mj

Have any of you stayed here recently? <BR><BR>Would appreciate some reviews...only have seen one brief review posted here in the past. <BR><BR>Looks nice on the website, but would like to read some actual experiences there, if you've got a sec' to post...<BR>Merci...danke...takk!

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 04:04 AM
Julie

I would also like to know for future trips. I tried to book there for our September trip, but they are full.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 04:49 AM
Kathy

My husband & I stayed here last summer & liked it so much that we booked again for this summer while we were there. It has many return customers & they get preference for their requested dates based on how long they've been going there. The owners are very friendly & the place is immaculate with beautiful flowers & well maintained facilites. It's located on a fairly quiet road right across from the river. It seems to cater to families & couples alike. We had a newer deluxe bedroom suite last year that was very nice but no kitchen so this year we have opted for the deluxe 1 bedroom since we plan to stay longer. We looked at the more expensive lodging in Jasper while we were there & were very glad that we chose Alpine Village. Of course Jasper Lodge was nicer but also twice the price. If you want to email me direct for specific details, that's fine.As I said, they are very busy with returning guests so you have to book early or hope for a cancellation.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 10:37 AM
mj

Thank you so much for the report! <BR><BR>Will call them today. I may email you directly for further details, too, regarding the setting/views? I guess you couldn't actually hear the river at this location, as I've heard some can do at Becker's (since Alpine Village is across the street from the river)? <BR><BR>Thanks again.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 02:44 PM
mj

Well, you were right. <BR><BR>Alpine Village is already sold out, for when we need. Becker's is essentially, too - doesn't have the size unit we need & even Tekarra, too! Only had one unit, one night. <BR><BR>Unfortunately, we're hitting Jasper on a weekend. Alpine Village had a 3-night minimum, too, if they *had* had any. So, that would have been difficult for us, based on our other plans (stopping along the Icefields Parkway). <BR><BR>Now, where to look? <BR>

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 10:16 AM
x

when are you going?<BR>chateau jasper or sawridge - basic mid range places