A Room in a Ramada for $25?!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just booked a room in the Ramada Hotel, Golden, BC, for the grand total of $25, plus $3.75 tax. This rate was available on Ramada's own website, and also on Expedia. It's not even a non-refundable rate - my confirmation email says I can cancel without charge up to the day before our stay.

I've checked reviews for the hotel, and it sounds fine.

Do Ramada do this sort of thing very often? It really sounds too good to be true, but I've got the confirmation to prove it...

Thanks

Alan
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 09:02 PM

Happy camping MagicRat. Report back after your stay in Golden.
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 07:31 AM

I would be leary of this..... I am not a big fan of Ramada, the few I have stayed in were so filthy, I wont ever stay at Ramada...

Sorry
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 09:26 AM

I too am not a fan of Ramada Inns, but that said, we found a fantastic one in Penticton a couple years ago. We had a great rate for it, so figured a one night stay would be ok. It was a very nice property and totally unexpected for us! So don't write it off just yet. Since the reviews look good, I would say go for it.
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 12:21 PM

What time of the year are you going there? I am sure they offer those rates in the off season - just so they have some occupancy. Golden isn't exactly a tourist destination in the low seasons. I am sure it is fine.
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Original Poster

We've made the booking for August so very high season! That's why I am so surprised.

Ici the Cat - "Happy Camping" - I hope we don't end up having to camp, but at that price, who knows!

Alan
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 02:42 PM

OK - I just had to find out what was going on. I called the hotel directly to ask. They told me that there was a glich in the National booking system and the $25 is an error. I asked them if they were going to honour the rate for anyone booked already. They said no they were going to be phoning. So - I suggested that seeing as how it had drawn such attention on an International Travel forum management should honour the rate as a gesture of good will. So - Alan please let us know what happens. It will be interesting.