Search

2 WEEK VACATION

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 03:29 PM
LINDA CUNNINGHAM

2 WEEK VACATION

MY HUSBAND AND I WANT TO SPEND 2 WEEKS IN NOVA SCOTIA (IS THAT ENOUGH TIME TO SEE IT?) WE CANNOT DECIDE WHEN TO COME.WE WANT TO BE ABLE TO KAYAK,HIKE AND ENJOY THE OUTDOORS. UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE TO SCHEDULE MY VACATION IN DECEMBER FOR NEXT YEAR. CAN ANYONE HELP?

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Donna

A trip report posted by Neal Sanders (One Traveler's Opinion: Prince Edward Island) made me want to go next time when the Lupine is in bloom all over! (I sent his thread to the top for you.) July and August are the busiest months. I'd recommend June or September (we went in September) when it's less crowded but the weather is still nice and rates for accomodations are much lower than "high" season. It's not quite as warm as July or August, but the weather is still pleasant.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 10:54 PM
Jan

We visited Nova Scotia in June this year. Places were not crowded and on the whole the weather was pretty good just a couple of rainy days, but that did not stop us getting out and about. I have to say we did not see all we wanted to in two weeks as we prefer to stay for 3 or 4 days in a place rather than move on every day. We did however get a good flavour of Nova Scotia and we now have an excuse to revisit to see the places we missed first time round, and yes the lupines were lovely!

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 03:56 AM
Melissa

You could also squeeze New Brunswick in, which is every bit as lovley, and not nearly as touristy. Our rainy season is in the spring. June can still be a bit cool, but not as damp. July and the beginning of August can get very very hot, then end of August and into September are great weather. The fall starts to get rainy again.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 04:01 AM
Tanya

Linda:<BR>Your email seems to indicate that December is when you would be travelling? Is this correct?

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 04:13 AM
kodi

Tanya, I think Linda means that in the month of December, she must chose her vacation for next year. I know many big companies want their vacations schedules filled in by the end of the year.<BR>Linda, I would recommend June or September. Either would be great.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 04:33 AM
Liz

We found NS to be uncrowded, even in August. In northern areas like Maine and NS, I find mosquitoes to be a problem early in the summer. I think August or September would be the best bet. 2 weeks would be perfect: don't try to do more, and schedule most of your time in Cape Breton, the best part of NS.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 07:55 AM
Corinne

Definitely August and early September to enjoy the sea. Mid October has wonderful weather and great colors.<BR>I recommend the Oak island Resort on the Lighthouse Route. Close to Mahone Bay, Lunenburg and Chester, all wonderful places. Also, you can enjoy kayaking, cycling, shark fishing, diving, Island Picnics and more at their Marina. Great fun!

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Stew

Aside from mosquitoes (and fall colors), is there any other reason why September is preferred by some to June? I am considering a late June trip to Cape Breton...my only concern is rain (don't want to hike in the rain). Is mid/late June any wetter than mid September? I hope not!