Reload this Page >

What is the Best Resort in Tahiti!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 05:48 PM
mary

We are looking to go to Tahiti for the first time. What is the nicest/most beautiful resort in Tahiti? (ie best beach AND best Resort) Looking for 10 days of bliss!!! Please post.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 07:12 PM
DJ

Hi Mary,<BR><BR>Check out the following website as it is full of lots of info on every aspect of travel to Tahiti and all of French Polynesia. All of your questions can be answered there. <BR>www.tahiti-explorer.com.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Tiffany

Mary - With ten days, you should visit two islands. I recommend that one of them be Bora Bora. There are alot of accomodations and we loved the Sofitel Motu. Remote, small and ultra luxurious with a great view of the main island. Just do some research. www.tahiti-explorer.com is a great place to get the most current information. We have pictures and video of our trip at www.tahiti.wunschl.com If you have any questions, send me an e-mail through the website.

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 08:24 AM
ericka

Hope I'm not too late with this response.....when you say visit Tahiti, hopefully you mean the islands of Tahiti and not Tahiti itself. My husband and I spent one day on Tahiti and a week on Bora Bora. Our regrets???? We regret out time on the island of Tahiti and that we didn't spend at least a day on Moorea. Bora Bora, by the way, is dreamy!<BR><BR>The best resort AND best beach is definitely the Hotel Bora Bora. It is owned by the Aman group (a very exclusive group of hotels that is even higher rated than the Four Seasons). I recommend a beachfront bungalow rather than over the water. They are much more private and set you so close to the water that you feel like you are on the water anyway. The staff there will be happy to share floor plans and locations with you - service is just divine!

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:16 AM
mms

Sofitel Motu in Bora Bora is the best!! Do a search and read about it.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 01:58 AM
Vic

Bora Bora if you can afford it, and if not, Moorea is gorgeous!

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 12:54 PM
BB

Hi Mary: We just did exhaustive research for our sons honeymoon this coming August and we decided, along with Conde Nast, that the Bora Bora Lagoon Resort was tops! It certainly comes with a price tag, but there isn't anything cheap, not even the Sofitel Beach Hotel at the Faaa Airport, Papeete! Even it was over $160USD and it's not supposed to be that nice, but it's a room for one night prior to going to Bora Bora. Hope you agree.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Ericka

Hi BB and everyone,<BR>Just a small correction....the 2003 Conde Nast Traveler Gold List shows Hotel Bora Bora as the top resort in Bora Bora (and all of French Polynesia), a full 4 points higher than the Bora Bora Lagoon Resort. HBB has been the top scoring property for at least 5 year's now. And, if you check back a few years, you'll see that the Bora Bora Lagoon Resort got temporarily bumped off of the list in 2001.<BR><BR>My husband and I spent our honeymoon at the HBB. Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Louis

If you really mean the best of all of the islands and beaches and resorts then there is nothing that can touch the Hotel Bora Bora.

Old Feb 20th, 2003, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add my 2 cents...The Beachcomber Moorea is included in the Travel &amp; Leisure best 500 hotels in the world (as are the Hotel BB and BB Lagoon Resort, I think). I just returned from there and it was extraordinary. Don't have anything bad to say about it. <BR><BR>On the other hand, we also stayed at the Sofitel Motu in BB. The hotel is beatiful, the room (OW) was very nice (although the Beachcomber's was almost twice as big), but the service in the hotel was absolutely terrible. On the first day, they took almost 12 hours to come and take a look at the minibar, which was not working. The attitude of the staff was very indifferent, if not uncooperative. We were in the reception area and asked if they could make as a reservation at a restaurant in town and they wouldn't do it, said it was hotel policy. We had to go back to our room and call ourselved from there (the Concierge at the BC in Moorea was very glad to arrange dinner for us anywhere, including transportation). It was not just the 2 incidents, but you could feel that every time they talked to you, they were doing it because they had to, with no feeling at all...<BR><BR>Anyway, that was my 2 cents,...
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know if I'm too late picking up on this thread, but for our honeymoon, we decided to spend our first few days in Huahine and then go to Bora Bora. <BR><BR>We stayed at Pearl Beach resorts in both locations.<BR><BR>The contract between the two islands was just perfect!! Huahine really doesn't have much -- one or two restaurants at tops. But we took advantage of getting off the resort to experience local life and culture. Our best day was spent on bikes riding around the island!!<BR><BR>We stayed in a bungalow on the water in Huahine -- couldn't have been more perfect.<BR><BR>In Bora Bora we opted for a beach bungalow -- definitely the right choice. We had an outdoor bathroom (not entirely outdoor -- but part of it was roofless) and immediate access to the beach.<BR><BR>Such a perfect location ..... to anyone headed out to the islands of Tahiti -- enjoy!!<BR><BR>And in agreement with a previous post about the Island of Tahiti -- we had a very negative experience. It was because, though, we were stuck on the island close to the airport due to a strike at the French airports (we were there in 2001). The hotel we were put at (think it was a beachcomber?) had a Disneyland feel as compared to our experiences at Huahine and Bora Bora.<BR><BR>In the same breath, however, I must tell that my best friend took a Tahitian cruise that visited Tahiti -- and they took her to some very remote and beautiful places. they saw some gorgeous waterfalls and some really nice sites,