Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

What are the most luxurious resorts on Bora Bora & Moorea?

Old May 8th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Wendy

Hi!

I am planning my honeymoon to Hawaii and French Polynesia (one week Maui and split one week on Bora Bora and Moorea - would also love to hear anyone's comments on my choice, amount of time etc.).

We have been saving $$$ forever, and really want to stay at the two most luxurious resorts that Bora Bora and Moorea have to offer. Definitely want an overwater bungalow.

Which resorts would they be?

Thanks a million for your help and advice!! Wendy

Old May 8th, 2002, 03:23 PM
Holly

Wendy,
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. My advice would be to skip Maui altogether, stay one week at the Sheraton Moorea and one week Pearl Beach Bora Bora. You'll love it!!!

Old May 8th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Lenleigh

I would second the Sheraton on Morea and also Le Sofitel on Morea has gorgeous grounds! Both have overwater bungalows. I think the ones at the Sheraton were being remodeled when I was there (I stayed at the sheraton on Tahiti though) and that was over a year ago. Have a great time and make sure you wear a LOT of sunscreen (I got sun poisioning from just one day of snorkeling)!

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:38 PM
LordBalfor

In general, I agree with Holly - French Polynesia is much more exotic than Hawaii. However, which is the best choice for you depends on what you are looking for. If night life (any night life) is important to you, you will probably want to hit Hawaii too (or maybe only). French Polynesia is much more like everyone's ideal of a tropical island, but it is VERY quiet there after dark (they pretty much roll up the sidewalks). There's almost nothing in the way of discos or places to dance/party.

Personally, I prefer the South Pacific.

Ken

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:40 PM
LordBalfor

Oh, and by the way.....
You might want to take a look at my comparison of Bora Bora resorts:

http://www.epinions.com/trvl-review-4898-454CA523-3A4B759E-prod3

... that's my take on them anyway.

Ken

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:08 PM
Lisa

I completely agree with Holly. Spend a week on Morea and a week on Bora Bora. Ive haven't been to Morea, but on Bora Bora I recommend staying at either Pearl Beach, Le Meridien, or Bora Bora Lagoon Resort--definately in an over the water bungalow!! Its well worth the price

Old May 22nd, 2002, 09:05 AM
Theresa

I agree with Holly. I've stayed at both and truly loved them.

Theresa