Wales v New Zealand

Nov 5th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Original Poster

Wales v New Zealand

Hi everyone,
Today in case ou didn't know, Wales play New Zealand here in Cardiff at the Millenium stadium.
Just been to take my son to his weekend job in the centre and the place is buzzing already, and its only 9.00am.

I don't have tickets unfortunately but I hope you will get up or stay up and watch it, it promises to be a great game.

I suspect the roof will be closed as the weather here at the moment is pretty grim.
That lends itself to a fabulous occasion and great atmosphere.

I have tickets to see Fiji next week, so if you watch that game too, you may see me, I will be the guy in the red jersey singing !!
;-)

Here's to a great game.

Muck
Nov 5th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Well played All Blacks..your side are simply awesome !!

Muck
Nov 5th, 2005, 10:26 AM

Hi, Mucky,
My psyche isn't strong enough to get past 'my' Tana - I was willing the Welsh team on to score a try, as I have Welsh heritage and my brother and sister-in-law live near Wales!
I didn't wake up in time to hear the anthems - did Bryn Terfel sing the Welsh anthem? I did listen to most of the game though, and sounded a good game with the Welsh team having an equal share of possession.
Nov 5th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Good Morning Dotty !!
The Welsh anthem was sang by Katherine Jenkins and the NZ by Haylee westenra (sp?)
Then,two guys sang Bread of Heaven in response to the Hakka.
(I think you won)
Game was good but Wales suffered without 6 of the lions.

But the game consisted of fair play...Chwarae teg, and All Blacks overwhelmed Wales.

Fiji Friday....maybe we can do better ??

Muck
Nov 5th, 2005, 01:04 PM

Hi Mucky,

We have just suffered through watching our beloved Wallabies being demolished by the French - not a good start to the day!
Nov 5th, 2005, 07:17 PM

Hey there Mucky.

I was up at 5am to watch the game and missed the NZ anthem and Haka but Bread of Heaven was brilliant.

Great game (from a kiwis point of view), just wish I could be over there!!!

Good luck with the games against Fiji, Australia and South Africa.

Christa
Nov 7th, 2005, 11:20 AM

G'day Muck...and go the Wallabies!
Nov 7th, 2005, 12:14 PM

I was there - I watched it in the stadium and it was great!! It was my first time in Cardiff and the locals were friendly and the town was packed and buzzing. Yay Daniel Carter. I am back in London at work and building a shrine to the ABs by my desk.

Two drunk welsh guys got on our bus as we were leaving and sang us welsh songs (quite well actually), kissed all the girls. Asked for a song in return. Said it was ok we beat them just as long as we beat England too!!! funny guys.
Nov 7th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

LOL...sounds like a typical night in cardiff.....
Glad you enjoyed it..

Muck
Nov 12th, 2005, 09:38 AM

Hi, Mucky,
Yay! Go the Welsh!! I have been too busy this week to send the Welsh team a Good luck message via you but was hoping they would do it this time.
Prue, sorry about the Aussie team this morning.
Does anyone know when Australia and Uruguay play their soccer game? I am torn there - have an Uruguayan 'son', am a soccer fan, and had three weeks there in 1997 exploring the beaches and meeting the lovely people. Will have to sit on the fence and say 'may the best team win'!!
Nov 12th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Original Poster

Saw the Wales, Fiji game at the stadium, Wales were rubbish, I guess thats what happens when you blood half a team of new players at the same time, the Fijians were robbed of victory.

73000 crown and a good atmosphere

South Africa next week , that will be a bit different and then Australia....interesting times !

Muck
Nov 14th, 2005, 05:19 PM

Wales is really copping the tourists.

The way the Wobblies are playing - Wales will probably die of boredom and go home at half-time. Even England beat them!

Sooner or later, though.........
Nov 16th, 2005, 04:58 PM

...and the Socceroos beat Uruguay, finally....and are on their way to the World Cup in Germany next year. First time since 1974. Good show at Olympic Park last night!
Nov 17th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Original Poster

Well done to the socceroos !!

They will be blasted out in the first stage no doubt; but they got there which is more than Wales can ever do.

Muck
Nov 21st, 2005, 09:50 PM

Well - Wales - the might 6-Nations champions (undefeated) faces the might (ha!) of the Wobblies next weekend.

Fresh from their victory over a bunch of disabled and despondent Paddies, the Wobblies will be looking for blood - or beer - or something!

I hope you're there representing us, Mucky!
Nov 23rd, 2005, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

I will be looking for a very close victory oops I mean game.
Unfortunately I cannot be there,but wathing on tv or in the pub.

I think we will have a great game.

Aussies will suffer though it's bloody freezing here at the moment and snow is expected soon.

Muck