Tour company for Kakadu

Feb 5th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Tour company for Kakadu

I'm looking for recommendations for tour companies that do a 3-day 4wd tour of Kakadu in April. I know there's recommendations for Billy Can, but they don't do the 4wd tour in April.
Since it's the Wet, I think I may be out of luck.
Feb 5th, 2003, 08:13 PM

Contact the Northern Territory Tourist Authority and they will put you in contact with operators. Also try a search on www.google.com or www.webwombat.com.au
I am surprised that they don't go in April as April is hardly the "wet season".
Feb 6th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Liz for your response. I found several other tour companies that don't depart in April. I'm crossing my fingers that we would be able to visit Jim Jim and Twin Falls.
Feb 6th, 2003, 11:37 PM

Hi

I had the same problem as you, want to go to K in the wet season, December to be precise. I found the following company which I have already booked. They have a programme for the Wet and Dry season. Sadly, you cannot see Jim Jim and Twin Falls in the wet though, no matter who you go with. I'm told the roads are flooded and there's no access.

Hope this helps

Sonia

Wilderness Adventure Tours
Feb 7th, 2003, 03:55 AM

Hi Teresa,
As you since discovered, many operators either don't do Kakadu Tours or run what they call their Wet Season tours.
Even after the WET many areas can be inaccessible ( even with a 4WD ) for many weeks.
In 2000 ( or was it 2001 ? ) we were unable to get to Jim Jim and Twin Falls as late as early June!.
You could be lucky, but don't count on getting to the Jim Jim and Twin Falls.
It's however a good time for a Scenic Flight with plenty of water still coming down the waterfalls.

Enjoy,
Mike