Things to do and hotels on each island

Apr 30th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Matt

Things to do and hotels on each island

Hi, I am getting married and honeymooning for 6 nights in Bora Bora at the Sofitel Maeva Beach Bungalow. 6 nights in the Moorea at the Sofitel Ia Ora Overwater Bungalow. 3 nights in the Sofitel Marara Garden View. I was wondering if anyone knows anything (good or bad) about these places? If they any or bad does anyone know how to upgrade to a different hotel when we are there?
I was also hoping for some advice on what to do at each of the islands (excursions, dinner, etc.)? I was also told by a travel agent that I might be spending to long in Tahiti and that I might want to take a day trip to Rangora. If this is right does anybody know how much it costs and how to get there (plane or ferry)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

May 2nd, 2002, 10:13 PM
Dee

Have stayed at the Sofitel on Moorea. It's a nice property - gorgous view towards the island of Tahiti. We liked it and would go again. We didn't do an overwater - the rooms are more basic which they mostly seem to be in FP. The Sofitel has some enjoyable dinner shows with dancing - the children are particularly charming. There's also a nice restaurant down the beach from the Sofitel - about a 10 minute walk along the beach - to the left as you face the sea. For breakfast, we'd buy local pineapple and french bread and cheese and sit on our porch. What a way to start a day!! Rent a car for a few hours and drive around and explore. If you are on Tahiti over the weekend, be sure to go down to the pier for dinner - all these trucks come in, drop their sides and start cooking. Fabulous food and very reasonable. Happy honeymoon.

May 3rd, 2002, 08:21 PM
Lisa

I haven't been to Morea but went to Bora Bora last year. Bora Bora is absolutely amazing. I would recommend doing the island safari and the shark feeding tour. For the island safari, a guide takes you off road into the mountains. The views are incredible. Going on this tour lets you see almost the entire island in one day. The island is very small. The shark feeding is really cool. They take you to an area where the feed the sharks every day. They have everyone jump into the water and then the guide starts puting fish into the water to attract the sharks (small reef sharks) Not only do about 10 sharks show up for the feeding, but tons of stingrays also come. After they take you for snorkling, then lunch at at private bbq on a small motu. Then to swim with the stingrays. You have chosen an amazing place for a honeymoon.

May 5th, 2002, 12:48 PM
carl bauer

We are returning to Bora Bora after a cruise of five ofthe FP islands. We'll stay at the Pearl Beach Resort, one of the best luxury ressorts with all amenities on the island that has amenities only in the bigger resort hotels.

May 8th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Lenleigh

The Sofitel on Morea has gorgeous grounds! We did a day trip from that hotel that was fantastic. There was an american woman that worked at the hotel ( elizabeth I think) and she is married to a Tahitian named Maco. Maco takes you out on a boat around half of the island, you snorkel while he feeds small sharks and sting rays and then you have a tahitian meal on a private islan nearby. It was really fun and he gives you info along the way about the tahitian way of life and how things used to be. Have a great time but wear lots of sunscreen!!!

May 9th, 2002, 02:53 PM
vivi

When in Bora Bora, dine at Bloody Mary's. Also, try some of the local restaurants. The people are very friendly and the food is fresh & delicious.

Search this Thread