Search

Tasmania Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 05:16 PM
chris

Tasmania Hotels

Can anyone help with suggestions on good Tasmania hotels/lodging around February/March.<BR>Thanks.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 10:23 AM
John

Chris:<BR>We stayed at the Grand Chancellor in Hobart. Right on the waterfront and within walking distance of fine restaurants as well as the famed Salamanca Market. A 5 star hotel in every sense of the word.<BR>I think they have a web site. Go to Google.com and type in Grand Chancellor.<BR>John

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 01:10 PM
jana

Cradle Mountain Lodge, Tasmania<BR>

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 01:27 PM
shannon

Old Woolstore in HOBART....cheap, clean, very nice, easy to get in/out of, cheap internet connection...and our $150AUD room had a kitchenette, queen bed, couch, table, and washer/dryer.<BR><BR>GREAT deal for the $$. Cheaper room exist if you don't need the washer/dryer!<BR><BR>

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 07:33 AM
x

Please, forget the hotels!! Stay at the B&amp;B's or cottages.....they have so much more character, charm, comfort, and usually, friendly owners who can give you more personal insight. Plus, they are very affordable. <BR> <BR>Cole's Bay.....Royle Retreat B&amp;B. Near Freycinet NP, Wineglass Bay. Ate at Madge Malloys for the most delicious food. Highly rate it. Worth every cent.<BR><BR>Mole Creek (near Cradle Mtn).....lovely cottage-like places. Don't remember the name but it is off the main road. Go into the info centre at the main restaurant/hotel, and it is listed on their map. Sheep are grazing literally outside your back door. Very peaceful, serene, and unique. Main restaurant in town had some good food.<BR><BR>Wilderness Lodge, Cradle Mountain. Ate at the pub at Cradle Mountain Lodge.....most amazing lamb ever tasted there. All the food was good.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Hope

This is not particularly helpful, but there is a great B&amp;B in HObart up near the domain tennis courts. I cannot for the life of me remember the name but any good tour guide should be able to help you out. <BR><BR>My Parents also stayed at the Lodge at Freycinet and loved it.