Qantas from LA to Brisbane Help, Please

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 07:12 PM
lynette

Qantas from LA to Brisbane Help, Please

For all of you experienced fliers, should I book now ($1200.00 US from LA to Brisbane round-trip) or is it true that prices will drop come February? Here's my worry: United's prices are DOUBLE the price of Qantas today and I'm worried that rather than United's prices coming down, that Qantas' price will go up! I have never flown internationally before and am an &quot;infrequent flyer&quot; in the States. Any detailed information is appreciated. Yes, I know there is a separate message board for &quot;Airline&quot; discussion, but I figure there are more people here on this board who will have pertinent info! Thanks,<BR><BR>Lynette<BR><BR>Lynette

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 01:32 PM
lcuy

lynette...Air fares are so in flux right now that even the airlines couldn't answer your questions. That said, however, I've seen that for the last two years, prices did come down dramatically in Feb. When are you planning to travel? As may-june july are wintertime in Brisbane, the airlines have a much harder time filling their tourist seats.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:18 PM
Bruce

LYNETTE,<BR> STOP WORRYING. WE WILL GET YOU THERE! BRUCE

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 07:49 PM
lynette

Bruce,<BR>You crack me up!<BR><BR>Lynette

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Sharon

Just a note - from May 30, 2003 to June 8, 2003 the Rotary International convention is in Brisbane.<BR><BR>You will have 30,000 Rotarians flying in and out of Australia during that time and if that is when you want to visit....might want to book now.<BR><BR>That goes for hotel rooms in Brisbane during that time - the convention has blocked rooms as far out as the Gold Coast to have enough hotel rooms.<BR><BR>S

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 08:42 PM
lynette

Thanks Sharon... I know, 'cause we're going to the convention! We're booked on flights and into a great bed and breakfast! Looking forward to the trip... in fact... Bruce, another frequent poster is counting the days! How many days Bruce?

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 12:57 PM
xxxxx

If you are already booked on flights - why all the stress about the cost now??

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 01:58 PM
AHHH-Duhh

That is a good question. If you already have your tickets why are you posting this???

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 05:07 PM
lynette

My original post was mid-November... guess you missed that part!