Reload this Page >

Qantas from LA to Brisbane,AUS.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Lynette

Rates are currently $1200.00 from LA to Brisbane round trip. Do the prices usually drop in February and March? We are traveling in May/June. I posted more details on the Australia board, but if you're a frequent flyer to Oz, I'd appreciate any information.<BR><BR>Lynette<BR>

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Rocky

May traditionally begins low season/off season to Australia/NZ/South Pacific.But becuz that part of the world has enjoyed tremendous interest/popularity in recent years,there is unlikely to be huge discount fares.As usual,anything can happen.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 08:17 AM
lynette

Thanks Rocky. I'm sure your right on the money... anything can happen. United's price is double that of Qantas today...yikes!!<BR><BR>Lynette

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Gratn

Lynette<BR><BR>You might like to look at fares on Air New Zealand from LAX to SYD, with a change there for Brisbane. They often seem to have cheap deals, and the service will be a million times better than Qantas.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 11:16 AM
lynette

Thanks, I tried them first. Their fares are DOUBLE that of American/Qantas. Out of the US, they are partnered with United, and I guess they need every dime! But double? <BR><BR>Lynette

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Mel

GRATN: You have to be joking about Air NZ! being better than Qantas. I sat for the 14 hours in the middle section of air NZ this year with NO light/TV/Sound? etc and nothing, absolutely nothing was done to change things. The whole of the sections was down and let me tell you that Air NZ could have cared less. They said that it was a major electrical problem. Since nothing worked from the moment we got on the plane one would have to ask why the aircraft left the ground with a &quot;major electrical problem&quot;. No compensation was given either. <BR>The food on Air NZ was less than palatable and the service lacked just about everything that anyone would expect. <BR>I would rate Aair NZ as one of the worst airlines that I have travelled on, just behind Philippine Airlines, and seeing that its safety record is not that good I don't ever intend to set foot in one again. Service? my arse!<BR>

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Mary

Lynette, you should stay with Qantas seeing that you are going to Australia as they are the ones with the on-going service in Australia and the best rates for accommodation and travel within that country. <BR>You will be getting into the better season as of late February for Australia so I would doubt that Qantas prices will go down. However having said that I know that if you can get the same deal from Qantas as we in Australia can you should be able to get a Qantas ATW fare which would start at $1200 US and which would give you a lot of travel within Australia as well for the same price and which does not have a peak season. You could travel to Brisbane and then onto Cairns/Port Douglas etc on that fare. Do a Stopover in Hawaii or perhaps Fiji en route.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 07:48 PM
lynette

Thanks everyone... I think I'll stick with Qantas!<BR><BR>Lynette