Perth, Broome Accommodations

Feb 2nd, 2006, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Perth, Broome Accommodations

I would appreciate hotel recommendations for a one night stay in Perth followed by a one night stay in Broome. In Perth I would prefer to be near the airport because I have an early morning flight to Broome. In Broome I would prefer to be close to the "Kimberly Klub" hostel because I have an early moring meeting there. Thanks for your input.
Feb 2nd, 2006, 12:26 PM

If you're just looking for a decent place to spend the night in Perth, you might take a look at the Inter-City Motel in Belmont.

intercity.bestwestern.com.au/

We spent one night there after a late arrival, early departure. We selected this motel because it was inexpensive (A$102 per night), near the airport, and offered free airport pick-up and 24 hour reception.

The motel was fine for a one night stay (or seven hours in our case). It was clean and comfortable, but pretty basic.
Feb 2nd, 2006, 05:35 PM

We stayed at the Parmelia Hilton, right in the middle of the city, with an excellent restaurant, serving the best steaks!

In Broome we stayed at Cable Beach Resort & Bali Hai resort. We had a week in Broome after our cruise from Cairns. Check out www.wotif.com.au for great rates on the Hilton & Cable Beach Resort. We booked thru them and got very good discounts. One night in Broome is not enough but it's better than no nights in Broome!
Feb 2nd, 2006, 07:32 PM

I have no idea whether Cable Beach Club is near the Kimberly Klub - but can also recommend it if it is - wonderful place to stay.
Feb 3rd, 2006, 02:47 AM

Why not stay at the Kimberley Club itself?

It's ages since I was there (1997) and I think it had been open less than a year then. It just knocked me out - such luxury in a backpackers' hostel!! Huge kitchen, lovely pool, clean rooms and showers. A bit nannyish in its approach to the guests - but still.

From memory I think they have ensuite rooms - meant for couples but you could see if you could get one for single occupancy.

I am curious about your reference to a meeting. Why would someone who doesn't even consider staying there need to go there at all, especially on such a flying visit?