Search

Pearl Resorts?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pearl Resorts?

Has anyone stayed at the Bora Bora and Moorea Pearl Resorts? Also, from Chicago to Papeete we have a long flight that arrives at 5:30 am. Should we take the ferry right away, as wrecked as we are, or stay overnight in Papeete, Tahiti? Thanks a lot!
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 01:38 PM

You might consider just flying from Tahiti over to Moorea. It's only a 15 minute flight and according to the Air Moorea flight schedule flights leave as early as 6 am. That way you don't have to leave the airport and make your way down to the ferry dock when your are so tired.

If you want to take the ferry (which is a nice ride) do it on your return to Tahiti from Moorea (unless of course you were planning of flying from Moorea to Bora Bora).

Air Moorea Schedule:
http://www.tahiti-tourisme.com.au/pd...eason_2005.pdf

Ken
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 02:01 PM
JnL

Our honeymoon is June '06 so we haven't booked yet, but we definitely want to stay at these resorts! Did you book yet? If so, who did you book through and when are you going? Thanks!
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 02:14 PM

PS - Did stay at the Bora Bora pearl Beach. Pretty incredible views from there. Amazing experience. Very exotic.

Ken
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 07:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Ken for the info. We will definitely fly directly to Moorea instead of shuffling to the dock and ferry. It should be faster.
Info for JNL, we are using Tahitian Vacations to handle our reservations. Since we get free air miles, as soon as we have the flight booked, the land part is all done by Tahitian Vacations.They are suppose to be cheaper than Costco.Check their website for phone numbers: Tahitianvacations.com
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 06:57 AM

We used Pacific Escapes 2 years ago and got an excellent deal. We also flew from Chicago but we had to include our flights in the price. The company was very accomodating. Our plane from the US was 5 hour late which ment we missed our connecting flight to Bora Bora. They already had the arrangements made to put us on another flight (different airline). So when we landed a representative just told us which flight to get on. This takes all the stress out of traveling.

We went in February (which is low season) but for 2 of us, with flight from Chicago to Tahiti,Tahiti to Bora Bora, 6 nights in overwater bungalow at Bora Bora Lagoon Resort, flight back to Tahiti, 1 night a Sheraton Tahiti and flight home cost us just under $5000. I thought this was a pretty good deal. Anyway, hope this information helps.
Old Aug 7th, 2005, 06:54 AM

Just stayed at the Moorea Pearl Resort a earlier in July. It's in a great location because you can walk to a shopping center where there are good restaurants, supermarket, pearl shops and it's close to some other restaurants outside the resort and they will come and pick you up for free. The resort was lovely-very clean, great infinity pool, on the beach (not a huge beach but good enough). I stayed in a garden room and even though it was the least expensive accommodation it was beautiful. My only complaint is that one day it took me the ENTIRE day-about 12 hours-to get them to give me towels. It was very frustrating. The Polynesian Night is fun and the food was OUTSTANDING. There is a spa there as well.

I arrived in Papeete from NYC at 6 PM so I stayed there overnight, but if I had to do it again I'd just go right out to the islands. Moorea is a 10 min flight on Air Moorea or you can take a 30 min ferry. Papeete, sorry to say, was not very nice and it was a waste of time but I had to store some luggage which is why I made the choice I did. Spend as much time as you can in Moorea and BB! You'll love it-it's absolutely beautiful, quiet, not much to do-but relaxing!
Old Aug 7th, 2005, 06:55 AM

Oh, I used pacific-for-less.com and found them quite reasonable and really easy to communicate with. They are in Maui! but you can deal with them through email and phone. Very easy.