Melbourne hotel choices: Sheraton or Westin

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 11:06 PM
BC

Melbourne hotel choices: Sheraton or Westin

How would you compare the two?<BR>

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 05:30 PM
Mary

There are 2 Sheraton's in Melbourne. Sheraton Southgate is in a great riverside position, but has quite small rooms and is now not at the top of the range. Sheraton on the Park is at the top of town, adjoining parkland and is new and very, very nice. The Westin is right in the centre of town, and while I haven't seen the rooms (only the lobby etc) it looks fantastic and from all reports is very smart. As far as distance from things, they're all very central and it really comes down to what you want to do and the $'s.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 08:16 PM
Jan

I just returned from staying at the Westin in Melbourne and would highly recommend it. The rooms are big and very nicely decorated. The staff are frendly and very helpful. It is located in the middle of town and easy to get around.

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Jackie

another possibility..we stayed at The Lindrum on Flinders street facing the river.It is a very upscale small boutique hotel with a very good restaurant in the lobby.It is 2 blocks from upper Collins with its shops and walking distance to CBD.The staff was wonderful.Have fun where ever you stay ..Melbourne is a foodies dream city !

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 10:50 PM
Steve

One other suggestion. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt for 6 nights about a month ago. Brilliant hotel and cost less than either one you mentioned. We booked it online thru www.wotif.com a couple of days before we arrived. Good luck!

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 08:29 PM
Kelli

I just got back and stayed at the Sheraton southgate. I didnt think the room felt small at all. The area around there was a buzz with people on a friday night too, so we loved it, and I got a decent deal on expedia for the room at 125 US a night. I believe thier rooms usually go for quite a bit more than this.